Share This On:
(SNO) — Cacao booked their passage to the grand finals of the Hon. Ezechiel Joseph National Lotteries Authority Babonneau Super 40 Competition with a comfortable six-wicket victory over Des Barras on Sunday, April 14, 2019 at the Des Barras Playing Field.
Batting first after losing the toss, Des Barras was only able to manage 176 for 9 in 26 overs. Tonius Simon with 79 not out (9 fours and 3 sixes) led the way with the bat for Des Barras. He was well supported by Isiah Wilfred with a polished 44 (5 fours and 3 sixes).
The chief destroyer with the ball for Cacao was Stervone David who bagged 6 for 24 in 4 overs.
Cacao made light work of their victory target scoring 181 for 4 inside 20 overs. The main contributor with the bat for Cacao was their Captain Vernillius Gabriel with a responsible and aggressive 74 not out that was laced with 5 fours and 3 sixes. He received very good support from Chaz Cepal who contributed 29 and Kyle Constantine with 28.
Cacao now awaits the winner of the second semi-final between Babonneau U19 and Touring United which will be played on Sunday, April 21, 2019.
- UWP Government deprives 8000 young St Lucians of laptops – SLP February 18, 2020 9:09 AM
- Ministers welcome Youth Parliamentarians at Monday’s Cabinet meeting February 18, 2020 8:48 AM
- 16-year-old among victims of Dominica plane crash February 17, 2020 6:31 PM
- Three Saint Lucians attend World Summit 2020 in Korea February 17, 2020 2:08 PM
- Items found in sea as Dominica plane crash rescue mission continues February 17, 2020 10:37 AM
- BREAKING NEWS UPDATE: Reports of plane crash in Dominica February 16, 2020 8:28 PM
- Conservationists frown on illegal dumping practices near nature site February 14, 2020 2:25 PM
- Dengue rising in the Caribbean says PAHO February 14, 2020 12:50 PM
- Killer asteroid to miss earth by 3.6 million miles on Saturday February 14, 2020 11:42 AM