Share This On:
Following a meeting over the weekend, the planning and organising committee for the march, funeral and burial arrangements of Chakadan Daniel has rescheduled the silent march and mini rally for December 10, Human Rights Day.
The UN General Assembly proclaimed December 10 as Human Rights Day in 1950, to bring to the attention of the peoples of the world the Universal Declaration on Human Rights as the common standard of achievement for all peoples and all nations.
The planned march and rally will follow the same format as originally set out. The activity will begin at 3:00 pm from the Micoud Playing Field with a silent march through the streets of Micoud village and return to the playing field where the mini rally will be held.
Whereas the focus will be on Chakadan Daniel, the march and rally present an opportunity for family members and friends of past human rights victims to demonstrate their concerns and intolerance through participation.
More General Stories
- Notice: Closure of Walcott House February 20, 2020
- Saint Lucians in British Army here for Independence February 20, 2020
- Public meeting on Traffic Circulation Plan February 20, 2020
- Mexico congratulates St Lucia on its 41st Anniversary of Independence February 19, 2020
- SLTU election of officers February 11, 2020
- Ministry of Commerce to host Valentine’s Day Showcase February 10, 2020