Share This On:
(YAHOO SPORTS) — Gunshots were fired nearby the stage where the Toronto Raptors parade celebration was taking place on Monday, leading to two arrests.
The celebration continued briefly on stage, but quickly came to a halt as everyone sought out more clarity about the situation.
Eventually the site of the celebration itself, Nathan Phillips Square, was cleared and the celebration continued as planned.
However, the chaos was not limited to the site of the celebration. After the situation seemed to stabilize, there were also reports of a shooter at the nearby Eaton Centre mall.
The Toronto Police put out a tweet making the situation more clear at 4:21 p.m., confirming not only the shooting, but also stating that they’d taken two people into custody and recovered two firearms. The investigation is ongoing.
- CPL: St Lucia Zouks retain six players from 2019 squad
- Daren Sammy excited having Chris Gayle with St. Lucia Zouks despite controversy
- Cricket: Women’s and ‘A’ Team Series in the Caribbean postponed
- St Lucia Zouks name the Caribbean players they will retain this season
- Chris Gayle to be penalised for his public outbursts against Tallawahs, Ramnaresh Sarwan
- CWI boss expects Chris Gayle to be punished
- Pamala Baldwin’s Team Liquid wins the 2020 CSA Traveller’s trophy
- Daren Sammy supports Dugard, Micoud
- Cricket chiefs still planning for T20 World Cup this year despite COVID-19