Share This On:
(NBC NEWS) – A twice-convicted sex criminal now faces even more charges after allegedly hurling a metal pitcher at the head of a Maryland judge.
Travis Burroughs, 36, grabbed the water pitcher from the defense table on Wednesday and threw it across the courtroom, hitting Baltimore Circuit Judge Wanda Keyes Heard, authorities said. She quickly called a recess to get medical treatment and was left with a bump on her forehead, sheriff’s spokeswoman Maj. Sabrina Tapp-Harper said.
Burroughs had just been sentenced to life in prison with all but 70 years suspended after being convicted last month of sodomy and false imprisonment, news outlets report.
He had already been serving an 80-year sentence after being convicted in 2018 of rape, assault and false imprisonment.
More International News Stories
- Elderly couple die on same day after spending 65 years together January 20, 2020
- Human-to-human transmission confirmed in China coronavirus January 20, 2020
- Malaysia sends back trash, says won’t be world’s waste bin January 20, 2020
- Prince Harry: ‘Powerful media’ is why he’s stepping away January 20, 2020
- At least 75 inmates escape from Paraguayan prison near Brazil border January 20, 2020
- Pompeo looks forward to meeting with Venezuela’s Guaido in Colombia January 20, 2020