Share This On:
PRESS RELEASE – The strong tropical wave located just east of the Lesser Antilles will continue to produce showers and thunderstorms over the region throughout the day. Observations indicate tropical storm force winds near 40 to 45 mph.
There is a high probability this system could develop into a tropical storm by later today. Regardless of whether or not the system becomes a tropical storm before it moves through the Lesser Antilles, strong gusty winds, heavy rainfall and rough seas are expected to affect Saint Lucia during the passage of this system.
Residents and interests in the region are advised to closely monitor the progress of this system.
SMALL CRAFT OPERATORS ARE ADVISED TO REMAIN IN PORT. OTHER MARINE INTERESTS TO EXERCISE CAUTION.SEABATHERS ARE STRONGLY ADVISED TO KEEP AWAY FROM THE BEACHES.
The Saint Lucia Met Services will be issuing updates via its regular weather bulletins, press releases and social media during the approach and passage of this tropical cyclone.
- 6 a.m. June 5, 2020 Saint Lucia weather update
- St. Lucian neurosurgeon performs complex brain surgery at OKEU Hospital
- Integrity Commission extends declaration filing deadline to June 30
- Defensive driving classes now online — SALCC South Campus
- Training for Saint Lucia government employees
- WHO calls on young people to join tobacco-free generation fight
- Choc Housing Development underway
- St. Lucia public officers called on to volunteer as trainers and facilitators
- Saint Lucia commemorates first Inter-American Day Against Terrorism