Share This On:
(KAIETEUR NEWS) — The Assistant Superintendent of Police who claims that bandits took his firearm and jewellery was allegedly transacting a $6M cocaine deal when he was double-crossed.
Kaieteur News understands that investigators from the Force’s Major Crimes Unit have received this information from one of the two suspects.
The individuals are said to be from Linden and are reportedly linked to a dealer from that location.
Sources said that a detective sergeant who questioned one of the men has been placed under close arrest for allegedly destroying a statement that implicated the assistant superintendent of police.
The suspect has reportedly told investigators that he and an accomplice were instructed to purchase two kilogrammes of cocaine from an individual. They were reportedly instructed to rob the buyer, and were allegedly unaware that the buyer was a policeman.
It is alleged that when the policeman arrived in his vehicle at the La Bonne Intention, East Coast Demerara location, the men assaulted him and took some $6M he had in the vehicle. One of the men also fled with the policeman’s firearm.
However, the rank allegedly managed to hold onto the other individual, and subdue him with help from persons nearby.
It is alleged that the individuals involved in the deal realised that the victim was a policeman. They reportedly then made arrangements for the firearm to be returned to the policeman.
‘C’ Division Commander Calvin Brutus yesterday declined to comment on the reports, and referred Kaieteur News to Crime Chief Lyndon Alves.
The ASP, who is reportedly still on duty, had alleged that two men held him at gunpoint and took his licensed 9mm pistol and jewellery last Monday evening.
The ‘robbers’ were said to have fired several shots into the policeman’s vehicle.
The rank has said that he recovered his gold band and chain from one of the robbers, who was held at the scene.
More Guyana News Stories
- Guyana: Former soldier gets life imprisonment for beheading uncle November 19, 2019
- Guyana: Man gets 17 years in prison for killing brother November 19, 2019
- Guyana: Six-year-old girl killed trying to cross road to buy chewing gum November 19, 2019
- Guyana Bar Association mourns death of former Chief Justice Ian Chang November 18, 2019
- Guyana: Headless body of Brazilian man found on Lethem road November 17, 2019
- Guyanese newlywed killed by husband in murder/suicide in Queens November 9, 2019