Police officials have confirmed that the second suspect held for the Friday, May 29, shooting in Gros Islet town has been formally charged.
Assistant Commissioner of Police for Crime and Intelligence Milton Desir said Dave Ephraim, 29, of La Feuille, Monchy made an appearance at the First District Court on Tuesday (July 14) where he was charged for the offences of possession of an unlicensed firearm and attempted murder.
He was granted bail in the sum of EC$8,000 or suitable surety on both charges.
Other bail conditions included the surrender of all travel documents, curfew between the hours of 7 p.m. and 6 a.m., not to attend public activities, and to report to the Gros-Islet Police Station between the hours of 6 a.m. and 6 p.m.
Desir had initially told St. Lucia News Online (SNO) that an identification parade was scheduled to take place on Wednesday. However, the crime chief called back to say that the suspect has already been charged and the ID parade was cancelled.
Ephraim had sustained a gunshot wound to the stomach and was hospitalised for several days, before being discharged.
Gros Islet police said three individuals and two “suspects” sustained gunshot wounds during the shooting incident on Dauphin Street, Gros Islet.
Ricky Maynard, 17, a.k.a “Bug” of Gros Islet sustained a gunshot wound to the left shoulder and Lyle Auguste, 27, of Gros-Islet sustained a gunshot wound to the right side of his waist, while Javene Cools, 19, a.k.a “Angus” of Massade, Gros Islet sustained a gunshot wound to his left thigh.
Another suspect, Denver Melville of Reduit, Gros-Islet, was charged with attempted murder on Thursday, June, 25. He was previously charged for possession of an illegal firearm. He was granted $5,000 bail with suitable surety or land document for that offence.
He too was given a curfew and has report to the Gros-Islet Police Station daily.