Share This On:
GIS – The public is informed that the Sea Turtle Fishery will be closed as of Jan. 1, 2015 to Sep. 30, 2015.
All harvesting and sale of sea turtle meat must cease by midnight on Dec. 31, 2014. During the closed season, the law prohibits the sale, purchasing and harvesting of all sea turtles which includes the whole, or any part of any turtle, or its by-products.
All sea turtle fishers, vendors and consumers must sell, use or discard all sea turtle meat within the remaining days of the open season which extends until Dec. 31, 2014.
Anyone found in possession of a sea turtle—whole or any part—or its by product can be fined a maximum of EC$5000 as stipulated under the Fisheries Act and Regulation Cap. 7.15.
The Fisheries Department appeals to the general public, fishers and vendors to adhere to the upcoming closed season from Jan. 1, 2015.
For additional information or for any other fisheries-related matters, contact the Department of Fisheries at 758.468.4135 or 758.468.4147.
More Agriculture Stories
- National consultation on rainwater harvesting December 4, 2019
- Agricultural Consultations of the Climate Adaptation Financial Facility November 28, 2019
- New Castries market nears completion: officials November 8, 2019
- Broader horizons for Black Bay Farmers November 6, 2019
- Bee City Project to boost Saint Lucia’s apiary industry November 5, 2019