Share This On:
(SNO) – The International Cricket Council (ICC) Women’s World Twenty20 2018 is coming to Saint Lucia in November, with nine matches slated for the Daren Sammy Cricket Ground in Beausejour, Gros Islet.
The event kicks off at the Guyana National Stadium, starting with India and New Zealand.
In the second match, Australia will play Pakistan and the Windies round off the day playing Qualifier 1 under lights. This venue will also host matches between arch-rivals India and Pakistan on November 11 and trans-Tasman adversaries Australia and New Zealand two days later.
The Darren Sammy Cricket Ground will be the other venue for the group stage with the first match there pitting England against Sri Lanka on November 10.
On November 12, England face Qualifier 1, whilst Sri Lanka match up against South Africa in the second half of a doubleheader.
On November 14, it’s Sri Lanka versus Qualifier 1 and Windies taking on South Africa.
England then plays South Africa on November 16, whilst the nightcap features Windies and Sri Lanka. The final games in Saint Lucia will be Windies clashing with England, and South Africa hoping to dispose of Qualifer 1.
The Sir Vivian Richards Cricket Ground in Antigua will host both semifinals on November 22 and the final on November 24.
The finalists of the ICC Women’s World T20 Qualifier in the Netherlands from July 7 to 14 will complete the line-up of the November tournament, which is the first stand-alone ICC Women’s World Twenty20 event.
The teams participating in the qualifying event are Bangladesh, Ireland, the Netherlands, Papua New Guinea, Scotland, Thailand, Uganda and the United Arab Emirates.
Defending champions the Windies are in Group A along with South Africa, England, Sri Lanka and Qualifier 1 from the Netherlands event, while Australia, India, New Zealand, Pakistan and Qualifier 2 will be in Group B.
- BREAKING NEWS: Saint Lucia gov’t denies buying horses or funding racetrack October 21, 2019 2:38 PM
- Three injured in Bexon accident October 21, 2019 2:10 PM
- Senior citizen stabbed multiple times in Bocage October 21, 2019 1:14 PM
- UPDATE: Two dead following Castries accident October 21, 2019 12:32 PM
- UPDATE: Fatal accident in Castries October 21, 2019 12:02 PM
- Entrepot Secondary students sent home early due to “inadequate supervision” October 21, 2019 12:00 PM
- Soca artiste launches ‘Born Lucian’ clothing brand October 21, 2019 11:01 AM
- Gas, diesel prices increased; cylinder prices decreased October 21, 2019 10:36 AM
- RC Infant school to now remain closed until Tuesday, Oct 22 October 21, 2019 10:21 AM