Share This On:
(SNO) – The International Cricket Council (ICC) Women’s World Twenty20 2018 is coming to Saint Lucia in November, with nine matches slated for the Daren Sammy Cricket Ground in Beausejour, Gros Islet.
The event kicks off at the Guyana National Stadium, starting with India and New Zealand.
In the second match, Australia will play Pakistan and the Windies round off the day playing Qualifier 1 under lights. This venue will also host matches between arch-rivals India and Pakistan on November 11 and trans-Tasman adversaries Australia and New Zealand two days later.
The Darren Sammy Cricket Ground will be the other venue for the group stage with the first match there pitting England against Sri Lanka on November 10.
On November 12, England face Qualifier 1, whilst Sri Lanka match up against South Africa in the second half of a doubleheader.
On November 14, it’s Sri Lanka versus Qualifier 1 and Windies taking on South Africa.
England then plays South Africa on November 16, whilst the nightcap features Windies and Sri Lanka. The final games in Saint Lucia will be Windies clashing with England, and South Africa hoping to dispose of Qualifer 1.
The Sir Vivian Richards Cricket Ground in Antigua will host both semifinals on November 22 and the final on November 24.
The finalists of the ICC Women’s World T20 Qualifier in the Netherlands from July 7 to 14 will complete the line-up of the November tournament, which is the first stand-alone ICC Women’s World Twenty20 event.
The teams participating in the qualifying event are Bangladesh, Ireland, the Netherlands, Papua New Guinea, Scotland, Thailand, Uganda and the United Arab Emirates.
Defending champions the Windies are in Group A along with South Africa, England, Sri Lanka and Qualifier 1 from the Netherlands event, while Australia, India, New Zealand, Pakistan and Qualifier 2 will be in Group B.
- Ministry of Agriculture promotes green economy January 24, 2020 2:09 PM
- Queens Commonwealth Essay Competition announces winners January 24, 2020 9:52 AM
- Risk of coronavirus in Caribbean ‘low’ says CARPHA January 23, 2020 3:07 PM
- Meeting with US Secretary of State: Saint Lucia and US continue to strengthen ties January 23, 2020 9:00 AM
- Department of Health and Wellness prepares for new strain of coronavirus January 22, 2020 11:38 AM
- St Lucia captures numerous accolades at 27th Annual World Travel Awards January 22, 2020 11:25 AM
- Young Saint Lucian chef featured at restaurant in Taiwan January 22, 2020 8:28 AM
- Saint Lucia benefits from support to National Utilities Regulatory Commission January 21, 2020 3:52 PM
- Internal fault triggers system shut down January 21, 2020 11:23 AM