Share This On:
In recognition of its strides in environmental sustainability, Sandals Resorts International received its eighth platinum certified award during the recent prestigious ITB Berlin travel trade show in Germany.
This brings to eight, the total number of Sandals Resorts and Beaches Resorts across the Caribbean now boasting platinum certification.
The award was presented by Earth Check, recognized as the leading scientific certification programme in the world for the travel and tourism sector.
In order to achieve platinum certification, Sandals resorts were required to measure and benchmark their annual environmental performance over a 10-year period against their peers and then have their systems and data independently examined and verified by a third party auditor
More Environment Stories
- OECS, CARPHA strengthen partnership November 9, 2019
- Pointe Sables to get ‘coral reef enhancement’ October 11, 2019
- PM Chastanet leads Saint Lucia delegation to UN climate summit September 23, 2019
- Plastic recycling project launches in Saint Lucia August 9, 2019
- Saint Lucia to pilot waste recycling project July 5, 2019