Share This On:
Sandals LaSource, the most contemporary and luxurious resort within the Sandals portfolio, has copped the coveted Six Star award, making it one of the most elite resorts in the world. The title was bestowed upon the Grenada property at an opening ceremony fit for royalty.
Chief Executive Officer of Sandals Resorts International Adam Stewart said the resort, the newest in the Sandals family, offers guests the highest levels of personalised service that epitomises its commitment to excellence and to innovation.
The American Academy of Hospitality Sciences (AAHS) award also includes two Six Star Black Diamond awards for excellence in hospitality, and two Six Star Green Diamond awards for the resort and its Red Lane spa’s environmental practices.
In December 2013 Sandals LaSource began receiving its first complement of guests, filling up all 225 of its Luxury Included rooms.
Chairman of Sandals Resorts International Gordon “Butch” Stewart said Sandals was indeed “thrilled to celebrate all that we have accomplished in this marvelous destination”.
He said Sandals LaSource offers an “elevated level of luxury” that has undoubtedly set the bar for what can be achieved in Caribbean tourism.
“We are confident our work here will become one of the most compelling reasons to visit the Spice Island,” Stewart said.
Grenada’s LaSource includes 69 rooms with butler service and several with private plunge pools. It is also the first hotel in the Sandals family to feature a new premium steakhouse – Butch’s Chophouse.
Sandals Grande Antigua Resort is also a Six Star property within the resort chain.
More Finance/Business Stories
- Alvina Reynolds launches her first book December 5, 2019
- Closure of CSA Secretariat December 5, 2019
- Entrepreneurs well pleased about ISL’s southern meet-up December 5, 2019
- Sandals Resorts International sweeps 2019 World Travel Awards December 4, 2019
- Land Registry to receive upgraded system for records management December 3, 2019
- Meeting of Friendly Societies December 3, 2019
- International acclaim for Caribbean banks December 3, 2019