Share This On:
COLOMBO, Sri Lanka — When Darren Sammy led West Indies to victory in the ICC World T20 final over Sri Lanka on Sunday many felt it gave the affable captain a chance to hit back at critics. It was the Windies’ first World Cup win since 1979 when Clive Lloyd lifted the coveted trophy for the second time after winning the inaugural event in 1975.
Sammy did not hit back at anyone. He preferred to embrace the detractors and instead focused on the possible resurgence of cricket’s former superpower instead.
More Sports Stories
- Gus Logie appointed interim West Indies women’s head coach October 16, 2019
- Roger Harper eager to lead new era of West Indies selections October 16, 2019
- El Salvador beat Saint Lucia in Concacaf Nations League action October 15, 2019
- SLHTA to welcome home Saint Lucia’s gold medallist Levern Spencer October 14, 2019
- BREAKING NEWS: Phil Simmons appointed West Indies head coach October 14, 2019
- 3 Saint Lucians vying for places with Super50 champs October 14, 2019
- Saint Lucia’s Tarik Xavier named Male Athlete of the Week in US October 14, 2019
- Dubai ruler spends over $4 million on horse October 13, 2019