Share This On:
COLOMBO, Sri Lanka — When Darren Sammy led West Indies to victory in the ICC World T20 final over Sri Lanka on Sunday many felt it gave the affable captain a chance to hit back at critics. It was the Windies’ first World Cup win since 1979 when Clive Lloyd lifted the coveted trophy for the second time after winning the inaugural event in 1975.
Sammy did not hit back at anyone. He preferred to embrace the detractors and instead focused on the possible resurgence of cricket’s former superpower instead.
More Sports Stories
- ARC+ first arrival makes landfall in Saint Lucia December 4, 2019
- West Indies name squads for upcoming T20Is and ODIs against India November 28, 2019
- ARC 2019 sets sail November 26, 2019
- Gayle, 40, takes “break” from cricket November 26, 2019
- Saint Lucian named captain of Windies U19 cricket team November 25, 2019
- Afghanistan Cricket Board XI draw with West Indies – 3rd day November 22, 2019
- Brathwaite, Hetmyer get starts but Windies struggle vs Afghans November 21, 2019
- Jorja Mederick qualifies for U16 Masters Final November 20, 2019