Share This On:
PRESS RELEASE – Technical and administrative workers employed with the Saltibus Cooperative Credit Union will now be in a position to receive trade union representation.
Some two (2) months ago the employees of that financial institution informed Management that they had joined the National Workers Union (NWU).
At that stage Management brought in officials from the Department of Labour for consultation. The company expressed its satisfaction and informed the Department of Labour that it had no objection with the union’s claim.
The Labour Commissioner has since issued a Recognition Certificate to the National Workers Union as the exclusive bargaining agent for the credit union employees.
The NWU already represents eight companies within the Financial Services Sector.
More General Stories
- Blanchard Community Center to be rehabilitated October 13, 2019
- Meeting mom doesn’t always mean you’re ‘wifey’ October 12, 2019
- SLASPA conducts simulation exercise at Castries seaport October 10, 2019
- UN Climate Action Summit addresses the plight of SIDS October 1, 2019
- Saint Lucia Fire Service receives US$120,000 donation from Korea October 1, 2019