Share This On:
PRESS RELEASE – Technical and administrative workers employed with the Saltibus Cooperative Credit Union will now be in a position to receive trade union representation.
Some two (2) months ago the employees of that financial institution informed Management that they had joined the National Workers Union (NWU).
At that stage Management brought in officials from the Department of Labour for consultation. The company expressed its satisfaction and informed the Department of Labour that it had no objection with the union’s claim.
The Labour Commissioner has since issued a Recognition Certificate to the National Workers Union as the exclusive bargaining agent for the credit union employees.
The NWU already represents eight companies within the Financial Services Sector.
- Stephenson King sought over outstanding labour matters
- Happy Mother’s Day
- Lisbon PR Awards presents its new jury members
- Over 500 Saint Lucian cruise workers “stuck abroad”: Fedee
- UPDATE: Eight Saint Lucian “Norwegian Spirit” employees return home
- BREAKING NEWS: Saint Lucia has started to bring home nationals; 8 arrived today!
- Universal Church and Youth Power Group respond to COVID-19
- Pierre: “Avoid temper tantrums, find meaningful ways to occupy your time”
- National Meals Program brings together public and private sector partners