Share This On:
PRESS RELEASE – The Sir Arthur Lewis Community College in Saint Lucia and the University of Quintana Roo located in Mexico will sign a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) on Wednesday, 22nd June 2016. The signing ceremony will be held at the Sir Arthur Lewis Community College in the Conference Room of the Grace Augustin Building from 3:15 p.m. to approximately 4:30 p.m.
The signing of this MOU reflects the two institutions’ commitment to academic excellence, broadening the scope of education for their students and professional development of their faculty. To achieve shared objectives, both institutions have agreed to chart a new course of cooperation for development and to remain relevant to stakeholders.
The MOU seeks to coordinate mutually beneficial efforts in the pursuit of common aims. The Sir Arthur Lewis Community College and the University of Quintana Roo will develop a relationship which will permit:
· The hosting of a Mexican Lecturer by the Sir Arthur Lewis Community College. The Lecturer will teach Spanish at the College.
· Periodic visits, to both institutions, by high level officials, who will be incorporated in the administrative dynamics of the host institution in order to learn and share best practices.
· Both institutions working toward a “double diploma” mechanism to be established once the College completes its transformation into a University College.
The Sir Arthur Lewis Community College and the University of Quintana Roo will continue to dialogue on strengthening this collaboration.
More Youth/Education Stories
- National Science Quiz concludes February 21, 2020
- Caribbean School of Architecture visits February 20, 2020
- Special Education instructors attend National Training Seminar February 18, 2020
- Ministers welcome Youth Parliamentarians at Monday’s Cabinet meeting February 18, 2020