Share This On:
(GIS) – In light of the recent spate of vehicular accidents, the questionable use of social media, and other social ills, the Sir Arthur Lewis Community College (SALCC) will launch a campaign on “Responsible Behaviours.”
The campaign targets SALCC students, and will address responsible driving, sexual behavior, social behaviors, and alcohol consumption.
The campaign features a series of motivational seminars with dynamic and resourceful guest speakers and facilitators. Other components include student campaign and slogan competitions.
The aim is to sensitize young people to the dangers associated with risky behavior that can impact themselves and others, in the hope of reaching the entire student body and filtering into the wider community.
The motivational seminars will take place on March 14 and March 21 from 12 to 2 p.m. at the Sir Arthur Lewis Community College. The competitions will run from March 14 to March 31.
Essential to the success of the activity is the partnership and support of parents, civil society and other stakeholders who have been impacted, and who can impact the lives of Saint Lucia’s young people.
- BTC turns 60 February 26, 2020 12:04 PM
- Second District Court in Vieux Fort relocated February 26, 2020 9:32 AM
- Labour Department summons CCC and National Workers Union to urgent meeting February 25, 2020 2:54 PM
- St Lucia extends travel restrictions on travellers February 25, 2020 1:17 PM
- Guadeloupe, Saint Lucia collaborate on agriculture education February 25, 2020 12:32 PM
- Chinese national coronavirus test negative – Ministry of Health February 25, 2020 10:02 AM
- ICT equipment distributed to six schools under Taiwan-Saint Lucia “ICT in Education” Project February 25, 2020 9:01 AM
- Prime Minister issues stirring call to action in Independence Address 2020 February 25, 2020 8:51 AM
- Coronavirus: World should prepare for pandemic, says WHO February 24, 2020 3:34 PM