Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE) – Staff and students of the Sir Arthur Lewis Community College found some creative ways to give back during the festive season.
On Saturday December 14th, students and staff of the Sir Arthur Lewis Community College participated in a tree planting exercise with the Department of Forestry. Two hundred fruit bearing trees were planted in support of sustainable livelihood and land management. The tree planting exercise took place in Richfond, Dennery.
In the spirit of giving, students from the various clubs on campus came together to bring smiles on the faces of the infant students at the Ciceron Primary School on Monday December 9 when they brought goodies for their Christmas party.
The chants of ‘ice-cream, ice-cream’ could be heard throughout the school compound as the SALCC students walked in bearing goodies of ice-cream, candy canes, juices, water and other snacks. The infant students were so excited that their Principal had to concede to allowing the SALCC crew to serve them ice-cream before their party which was slated for the next day.
Members of Lewis House held a collection drive of toys, clothing, shoes and books for children of The Holy Family Children’s Home in Ciceron. Thirteen boxes of goods were delivered to the Home on Thursday December 12 by a representative group of Lewis House including the captain Desray Desir who made the official presentation. The staff and students of Lewis House spent some time interacting with the children who were very happy for the company.
- Ministry of Agriculture promotes green economy January 24, 2020 2:09 PM
- Queens Commonwealth Essay Competition announces winners January 24, 2020 9:52 AM
- Risk of coronavirus in Caribbean ‘low’ says CARPHA January 23, 2020 3:07 PM
- Meeting with US Secretary of State: Saint Lucia and US continue to strengthen ties January 23, 2020 9:00 AM
- Department of Health and Wellness prepares for new strain of coronavirus January 22, 2020 11:38 AM
- St Lucia captures numerous accolades at 27th Annual World Travel Awards January 22, 2020 11:25 AM
- Young Saint Lucian chef featured at restaurant in Taiwan January 22, 2020 8:28 AM
- Saint Lucia benefits from support to National Utilities Regulatory Commission January 21, 2020 3:52 PM
- Internal fault triggers system shut down January 21, 2020 11:23 AM