Share This On:
In this regard we are currently working on improving our organizational, technological and physical infrastructure.
A very important component of the University College’s success will be community engagement. Developing and nurturing relationships with businesses and the professions provide the input and guidance for designing and ensuring an understanding of the nature of education and training needs for a knowledge-based society.
To this end, the College has engaged the services of Dr. Jamil Salmi, a global tertiary education expert on excellence in higher education, who will be in Saint Lucia from 20th to 22nd March 2017.
Dr. Salmi advises governments and university leaders throughout the world on system-wide tertiary education reforms, including vision for the future and national development strategies, excellence initiatives, governance, financial sustainability, quality assurance, institutional differentiation, system articulation, equity promotion and change management strategies.
Further, Dr. Salmi provides advice on benchmarking, strategic planning and capacity building for establishing world-class universities. Dr. Salmi also delivers leadership and strategic planning training for higher education leaders and officials.
The success of the University College is imperative for the long-term growth and development of Saint Lucia. Discussions with internal and external stakeholders will be taken into consideration as a new strategy is created for this Institution.
More Youth/Education Stories
- Applications open for Education Quality Improvement Project (EQuIP) November 8, 2019
- Sir Ira Simmons, Bocage Secondary schools closed until Monday November 6, 2019
- Saint Lucia implements anti-violence project in primary schools November 5, 2019
- Saint Lucia hosts regional secondary schools drama festival November 5, 2019
- Three schools close early due to “inadequate teacher supervision” November 4, 2019
- Anti-violence campaigns for three Saint Lucian primary schools October 27, 2019