Share This On:
PRESS RELEASE – The Ministry of Sustainable Development, Energy, Science & Technology and the Water & Sewerage Company Inc. (WASCO) signed a cooperation agreement with the ‘Syndicat Intercommunal du Centre et du Sud de la Martinique’ (SCISM) on December 3, 2014 in Martinique for the operationalization of a European Union (EU) grant contract in the sum of 347,587 Euros.
This agreement, which falls under the 10th European Development Fund ACP-EU Water Facility, seeks to assist WASCO with capacity development in its water and waste-water sectors through an intra-regional Water Operators Partnership (WOP) Programme with SCISM.
Saint Lucia’s delegation to the signing was led by Hon. Dr. James Fletcher. In his remarks during the ceremony, Dr. Fletcher stressed the importance of enabling a sustainable water and waste-water sector in Saint Lucia for national economic growth and development.
He expressed the appreciation and gratitude of the government and people of Saint Lucia for the assistance which will be provided to WASCO under the agreement.
The assistance is intended to achieve four (4) goals:
1. Acquire the methodology and tools to develop a master plan for water and waste-water;
2. Improve asset management;
3. Prepare guidelines and orientations for a risk management plan including disaster preparedness, crisis management and resilience;
4. Develop Terms of Reference (ToRs) for procuring services to address deficiencies identified during the preparation of the methodology for the master plans.
More All News Stories
- Child among 5 shot at doctor’s office in Jamaica October 23, 2019
- Guyana: President David Granger’s cancer in remission October 23, 2019
- Teenagers arrested for Dennery man’s murder October 23, 2019