Share This On:
In a very competitive meet that consisted of runners on all divisions and multiple heats, the Butler Community College men’s cross-country team was led by Saint Lucia’s Tarik Xavier in the 8K run on Saturday at the Chili Pepper Cross Country Festival in Fayetteville, AR.
Tarik, a freshman from Vieux Fort, led Butler with a 65th place finish out of 346 runners, clocking a personal best 27:09.3. That time was 12 seconds better than his previous best for the season.
Anton Reeves came in 126th, running a 28:00.5 while Luis Manqueros finished 227th with an 8K time of 29:58.7.
Xavier was subsequently named the Grizzly Male Athlete of the Week.
Aged 18 (turning 19 next February), he will surely be hoping to earn a spot on the team to the next edition of the CARIFTA Games in Bermuda, where he will be aiming to improve on his results from recent years.
Tarik is the son of popular calypsonian and police officer, Callix Kakal Xavier.
- BREAKING NEWS: Fire at Voyager building in Castries November 21, 2019 1:59 PM
- BTC receives new laptops November 21, 2019 10:19 AM
- US representative to OAS says political situation in Dominica ‘worrisome’ November 21, 2019 8:29 AM
- OBE Award recipients get high praise from PM Chastanet November 20, 2019 4:00 PM
- Anse La Raye fire victim gets donation in rebuilding efforts November 20, 2019 2:52 PM
- Bishop of Roseau describes situation in Dominica after unrest as “sad” November 20, 2019 2:46 PM
- Sandals team members receive first class health care on the job November 20, 2019 12:12 PM
- Showers, isolated thunderstorms expected during the next 24 hours November 20, 2019 11:14 AM