Share This On:
(SNO) — Young Saint Lucian cricketer Kimani Melius has gotten a recall to the West Indies B Team to take part in the Cricket West Indies Regional Super 50, which bowls off in Barbados and Trinidad and Tobago in early October.
The West Indies B team will play in Group A of the tournament, and includes home team Trinidad and Tobago Red Force, defending champions the Windward Islands Volcanoes, Guyana Jaguars, and Canada.
Melius, who holds the record for schoolboy cricket in Saint Lucia, as well as the record for the highest score ever attained in Saint Lucia, last represented the West Indies B Team in the recently concluded Canada Summerfest.
The Babonneau Secondary alumnus has over 24 triple-figure scores to his credit at various levels. Aged just 17, he hails from the community of Boguis, Babonneau, but plays for Gros Islet in domestic cricket.
Playing for the Windward Islands in the 2018 Cricket West Indies Under-19 tournament, Melous was the leading scorer in the competition. Hee was a member of the West Indies youth team to the ICC Under-19 World Cup earlier this year.
West Indies B will play their opening match against Canada on October 3.
- Suspected case of coronavirus in BVI – Local health officials thrust into ’emergency meeting’ February 27, 2020 3:43 PM
- PAHO calls for stepped up preparedness for Coronavirus February 27, 2020 3:03 PM
- Dr. Kenny Anthony appeals for assistance for fire victims in Vieux-Fort February 27, 2020 2:19 PM
- WASCO responds to Richard Frederick’s statement on ‘Can I Help You’ program February 27, 2020 2:14 PM
- Castries Constituency Council workers return to work February 27, 2020 9:05 AM
- RSS to present crime scene investigations equipment to St. Lucia police February 27, 2020 8:57 AM
- BTC turns 60 February 26, 2020 12:04 PM
- Second District Court in Vieux Fort relocated February 26, 2020 9:32 AM
- Labour Department summons CCC and National Workers Union to urgent meeting February 25, 2020 2:54 PM