Share This On:
(SNO) — Young Saint Lucian cricketer Kimani Melius has gotten a recall to the West Indies B Team to take part in the Cricket West Indies Regional Super 50, which bowls off in Barbados and Trinidad and Tobago in early October.
The West Indies B team will play in Group A of the tournament, and includes home team Trinidad and Tobago Red Force, defending champions the Windward Islands Volcanoes, Guyana Jaguars, and Canada.
Melius, who holds the record for schoolboy cricket in Saint Lucia, as well as the record for the highest score ever attained in Saint Lucia, last represented the West Indies B Team in the recently concluded Canada Summerfest.
The Babonneau Secondary alumnus has over 24 triple-figure scores to his credit at various levels. Aged just 17, he hails from the community of Boguis, Babonneau, but plays for Gros Islet in domestic cricket.
Playing for the Windward Islands in the 2018 Cricket West Indies Under-19 tournament, Melous was the leading scorer in the competition. Hee was a member of the West Indies youth team to the ICC Under-19 World Cup earlier this year.
West Indies B will play their opening match against Canada on October 3.
- US government warns of travel to Dominica; calls for restraint November 19, 2019 6:34 PM
- Dominica’s opposition leader strikes back; blames police for unrest in Roseau November 19, 2019 6:19 PM
- OECS chairman calls for “calm” in Dominica November 19, 2019 5:19 PM
- UPDATE: Dominica’s PM condemns unrest in Roseau; blames opposition UWP (see video) November 19, 2019 4:23 PM
- Saint Lucian in Taiwan’s top TV singing contest November 19, 2019 8:06 AM
- Turmoil in Dominica as protesters and police clash (see video) November 19, 2019 7:55 AM
- Mayor Francis unhappy over disarmament of cop by bandits November 19, 2019 7:34 AM
- CSA happy over collective agreement with LUCELEC but … November 19, 2019 7:19 AM
- Saint Lucia Forensic Lab working to build public confidence, says director November 19, 2019 4:31 AM