Share This On:
Saint Lucia’s Julian Bissette led his Romanian club to a big win today (Wednesday) as they lifted the Super Cup.
It was a tough victory for CS Arcada Galaţi, as they needed all five sets at the Clubul Sportiv Teleorman in Alexandria.
Their opponents, Dinamo Bucureşti, succumbed only after a hotly contested see-saw battle, 3-2 (25-17, 19-25, 26-24, 24-26, 16-14). The game lasted two hours and five minutes.
Bissette, a native of Babonneau, was the best of the Galatians.
The 28-year-old middle blocker — who has also played in Greece and France — compiled 22 points followed by Niels Klapwijk, 20, and Marian Bala, 13.
Bissette’s points came courtesy of nine blocks, combined with 13 successful kills from 18 attempted attacks.
This was the second Super Cup win in three years for Galaţi, the Divizia A1 men’s league champions.
They beat Municipal Volleyball Zalău for the inaugural Super Cup in 2017.
In 2018, Tricolorul Ploieşti lifted the trophy after Bissette helped them win the league title and Romanian Cup.
Since then, with Bissette and two of his fellow former Tricolorul teammates having moved on to Galaţi, their previous team has now been dissolved.
Bucharest had earlier this year lifted the Romanian Cup, defeating Galaţi 3-1 in Alexandria.
- PM Chastanet promises super-rich Saint Lucia citizenship in three months November 18, 2019 11:55 AM
- Guy Joseph shoots down reports of complete St. Jude Hospital demolition November 18, 2019 10:26 AM
- Central Statistical Office launches Census 2020 recruitment drive November 18, 2019 12:16 AM
- Saint Lucia gov’t launches programme to boost local production of 7 key fruits, vegetables November 17, 2019 9:50 PM
- Fuel prices change November 17, 2019 7:00 PM
- Kindergarten registration takes on a new approach November 17, 2019 12:51 PM
- Two in custody in connection with Mon Repos businessman’s death November 12, 2019 11:08 AM
- Saint Lucia calls up UK-based goalkeeper Lamar Johnson November 12, 2019 10:46 AM
- Tourism ministry spearheads plan to ease traffic congestion in downtown Castries November 12, 2019 10:04 AM