Share This On:
Saint Lucia’s Julian Bissette led his Romanian club to a big win today (Wednesday) as they lifted the Super Cup.
It was a tough victory for CS Arcada Galaţi, as they needed all five sets at the Clubul Sportiv Teleorman in Alexandria.
Their opponents, Dinamo Bucureşti, succumbed only after a hotly contested see-saw battle, 3-2 (25-17, 19-25, 26-24, 24-26, 16-14). The game lasted two hours and five minutes.
Bissette, a native of Babonneau, was the best of the Galatians.
The 28-year-old middle blocker — who has also played in Greece and France — compiled 22 points followed by Niels Klapwijk, 20, and Marian Bala, 13.
Bissette’s points came courtesy of nine blocks, combined with 13 successful kills from 18 attempted attacks.
This was the second Super Cup win in three years for Galaţi, the Divizia A1 men’s league champions.
They beat Municipal Volleyball Zalău for the inaugural Super Cup in 2017.
In 2018, Tricolorul Ploieşti lifted the trophy after Bissette helped them win the league title and Romanian Cup.
Since then, with Bissette and two of his fellow former Tricolorul teammates having moved on to Galaţi, their previous team has now been dissolved.
Bucharest had earlier this year lifted the Romanian Cup, defeating Galaţi 3-1 in Alexandria.
- St. Lucian neurosurgeon performs complex brain surgery at OKEU Hospital
- WHO calls on young people to join tobacco-free generation fight
- Choc Housing Development underway
- St. Lucia public officers called on to volunteer as trainers and facilitators
- Saint Lucia commemorates first Inter-American Day Against Terrorism
- Saint Lucia records 19th COVID-19 case
- UWP says Philip J Pierre proves once again he is not fit for leadership
- 92 depart Saint Lucia for employment in Canada’s Farm Worker Programme
- Saint Lucian authorities enforcing strict health protocols in schools