Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE) — The Department of External Affairs regrets to inform of the passing of Mr. Ali Bennis, honorary consul for Saint Lucia in Monaco, on October 12, 2019.
Mr. Bennis was appointed as honorary consul on July 21, 2011, and served in this capacity until his passing.
He was the vice president, managing director and shareholder of the Pharmaceutical Laboratories of North Africa (LAPROPHAN) (1983), president of the Office of Industrial and Commercial Studies and Representation (BERIC) (1983), vice president of the Moroccan Association of the Pharmaceutical Industry (AMIP) (1984), and general secretary of AMIP (1986).
Mr. Bennis also served as a member of the Administrative Council of BERIC, LAPROPHAN and EXPLIMA (1983), and was a founding member of AMIP and the President’s Club of the American Chamber of Commerce (AmCham) (1996).
He was the holder of the Order of the Falcon from His Majestry the King of Spain.
Our thoughts and prayers go out to his family and staff of the Honorary Consulate of Saint Lucia in Monaco.
May his soul rest in perfect peace.
- Saint Lucia and Republic of Kosovo sign visa waiver agreement
- Saint Lucia considering phased reopening of Grade Six and Form Five classes
- Mother and children homeless after Ciceron fire
- UPDATE: Fire on abandoned building in Castries now under control (+photos and videos)
- BREAKING NEWS: Fire in Castries city (+photos and videos)
- Arthur, the first named storm of the hurricane season, could form this weekend
- UPDATE: Man shot dead at Dennery Fishing Complex identified
- LIAT extends suspension of passenger services
- Bay Gardens Resorts starts relief fund for its staff