Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE) — The Department of External Affairs regrets to inform of the passing of Mr. Ali Bennis, honorary consul for Saint Lucia in Monaco, on October 12, 2019.
Mr. Bennis was appointed as honorary consul on July 21, 2011, and served in this capacity until his passing.
He was the vice president, managing director and shareholder of the Pharmaceutical Laboratories of North Africa (LAPROPHAN) (1983), president of the Office of Industrial and Commercial Studies and Representation (BERIC) (1983), vice president of the Moroccan Association of the Pharmaceutical Industry (AMIP) (1984), and general secretary of AMIP (1986).
Mr. Bennis also served as a member of the Administrative Council of BERIC, LAPROPHAN and EXPLIMA (1983), and was a founding member of AMIP and the President’s Club of the American Chamber of Commerce (AmCham) (1996).
He was the holder of the Order of the Falcon from His Majestry the King of Spain.
Our thoughts and prayers go out to his family and staff of the Honorary Consulate of Saint Lucia in Monaco.
May his soul rest in perfect peace.
- 13-year-old reported missing; elderly citizen found February 20, 2020 10:54 AM
- Residents in the north of the island to experience further delays in accessing the water supply February 20, 2020 9:25 AM
- Taiwan Technical Mission assists banana farmers to secure regional markets February 20, 2020 9:06 AM
- St Lucia captures numerous accolades at 6th Annual Travvy Awards February 19, 2020 8:45 AM
- Department of Health and Wellness coronavirus review meeting February 18, 2020 2:55 PM
- 1st phase of Market Redevelopment Project almost ready February 18, 2020 10:39 AM
- UWP Government deprives 8000 young St Lucians of laptops – SLP February 18, 2020 9:09 AM
- Ministers welcome Youth Parliamentarians at Monday’s Cabinet meeting February 18, 2020 8:48 AM
- 16-year-old among victims of Dominica plane crash February 17, 2020 6:31 PM