Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE) — The Department of External Affairs regrets to inform of the passing of Mr. Ali Bennis, honorary consul for Saint Lucia in Monaco, on October 12, 2019.
Mr. Bennis was appointed as honorary consul on July 21, 2011, and served in this capacity until his passing.
He was the vice president, managing director and shareholder of the Pharmaceutical Laboratories of North Africa (LAPROPHAN) (1983), president of the Office of Industrial and Commercial Studies and Representation (BERIC) (1983), vice president of the Moroccan Association of the Pharmaceutical Industry (AMIP) (1984), and general secretary of AMIP (1986).
Mr. Bennis also served as a member of the Administrative Council of BERIC, LAPROPHAN and EXPLIMA (1983), and was a founding member of AMIP and the President’s Club of the American Chamber of Commerce (AmCham) (1996).
He was the holder of the Order of the Falcon from His Majestry the King of Spain.
Our thoughts and prayers go out to his family and staff of the Honorary Consulate of Saint Lucia in Monaco.
May his soul rest in perfect peace.
- Two in custody in connection with Mon Repos businessman’s death November 12, 2019 11:08 AM
- Saint Lucia calls up UK-based goalkeeper Lamar Johnson November 12, 2019 10:46 AM
- Tourism ministry spearheads plan to ease traffic congestion in downtown Castries November 12, 2019 10:04 AM
- BREAKING NEWS: Mon Repos businessman succumbs to gunshot wound November 11, 2019 7:35 PM
- Former Saint Lucia top cop Vernon Francois talks about the launch of his digital books November 9, 2019 11:18 PM
- 76-year-old businessman shot in Mon Repos November 9, 2019 9:07 PM
- Gunmen attack, rob bar manager in Jetrine, Saltibus November 9, 2019 6:29 PM
- Entrepot, Sir Ira and Bocage secondary schools to remain closed on Monday November 9, 2019 5:55 PM
- Women who fought with Ciceron Secondary students speak out! November 9, 2019 5:28 PM