Share This On:
Caniggia Elva enjoyed a successful 2018-2019 campaign with FC Würzburger Kickers in the third division of German football, despite struggles with injury.
The Vieux Fort native hit four goals and provided two assists in just 17 matches. Weeks shy of his 23rd birthday, he was out of contract, however. The Kickers offered him an extension, but Elva, whose father is a former Saint Lucia international, turned it down.
Instead, the dynamic winger has accepted a three-year deal with FC Ingolstadt 04. Like his father, Titus ‘Titi’ Elva, Caniggia is a speedy, wily, versatile player. He has previously enjoyed stints with Calgary United in Canada, and VfB Stuttgart in Germany.
FC Ingolstadt, also known as the Schanzern, were this season relegated from the German second division, the 2. Bundesliga. Ingolstadt technical director Florian Zehe is now looking forward to a player with “enormous bounce” who is “flexible in use.” Elva, meanwhile, sees Ingolstadt as a “young, dynamic club with high professionalism and great training conditions.”
The Saint Lucia national team has reached out to Elva in the hopes that he will follow in the footsteps of his father and uncle, another former international. He would be in line to feature in the upcoming Concacaf Nations League.
- Forbes features St. Lucian CEO of biotech company on its 30 Under 30 2020 list December 11, 2019 11:37 AM
- Police investigate hanging death of prisoner December 10, 2019 11:14 AM
- Julien Alfred wins big at FastTrack Collegiate Opener December 10, 2019 10:44 AM
- Prime Minister assures former Majestic Industries workers that their request will be granted December 9, 2019 3:28 PM
- Cellma training at OKEU December 9, 2019 12:44 PM
- Jade Mountain food gets top French honors December 9, 2019 9:30 AM
- DLP sweeps general election in Dominica December 6, 2019 9:12 PM
- Hallucine leads the ARC fleet into Saint Lucia December 6, 2019 3:56 PM