Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE VIA SNO) – The development of the island`s first wind farm earmarked for construction in Anse Cannot Dennery is still on stream.
The Project Developer Mr. Steve DeWolf of WindTex Energy recently visited Saint Lucia and held fruitful discussions with Minister responsible for Energy Honorable Stephenson King. The meeting provided a platform to discuss and resolve challenges and barriers to continued development of the wind farm. It was also an opportunity for Government to reaffirm its commitment to the development of wind energy.
A Cabinet Memorandum will be submitted and Government is considering land acquisition, concessions and other contributions for the advancement of the Project.
The Energy Minister has assured that Government will support the Project once it redounds to the benefit of the ordinary man.
Citizens can expect greater advancements in wind development in the coming year.
- St. Lucian neurosurgeon performs complex brain surgery at OKEU Hospital
- WHO calls on young people to join tobacco-free generation fight
- Choc Housing Development underway
- St. Lucia public officers called on to volunteer as trainers and facilitators
- Saint Lucia commemorates first Inter-American Day Against Terrorism
- Saint Lucia records 19th COVID-19 case
- UWP says Philip J Pierre proves once again he is not fit for leadership
- 92 depart Saint Lucia for employment in Canada’s Farm Worker Programme
- Saint Lucian authorities enforcing strict health protocols in schools