Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE VIA SNO) – The development of the island`s first wind farm earmarked for construction in Anse Cannot Dennery is still on stream.
The Project Developer Mr. Steve DeWolf of WindTex Energy recently visited Saint Lucia and held fruitful discussions with Minister responsible for Energy Honorable Stephenson King. The meeting provided a platform to discuss and resolve challenges and barriers to continued development of the wind farm. It was also an opportunity for Government to reaffirm its commitment to the development of wind energy.
A Cabinet Memorandum will be submitted and Government is considering land acquisition, concessions and other contributions for the advancement of the Project.
The Energy Minister has assured that Government will support the Project once it redounds to the benefit of the ordinary man.
Citizens can expect greater advancements in wind development in the coming year.
- Fully-funded British Chevening Scholarships available for Saint Lucians October 18, 2019 6:04 AM
- Beausejour community responds to recent criminal activities October 16, 2019 9:25 PM
- Pierre said Chastanet’s 40-month globetrotting hasn’t benefited Saint Lucians October 16, 2019 7:55 PM
- Former Saint Lucia agriculture minister bats for increasing local food production October 16, 2019 6:44 PM
- Gus Logie appointed interim West Indies women’s head coach October 16, 2019 6:04 PM
- Roger Harper eager to lead new era of West Indies selections October 16, 2019 3:41 PM
- Food Express workers to receive wage increase, back pay, allowances: NWU October 16, 2019 3:16 PM
- Bay Gardens Resorts offers unbeatable savings for Creole Heritage Month October 16, 2019 2:51 PM
- NWU hopes to close negotiations with GNT October 16, 2019 2:03 PM