Share This On:
(SNO) – Saint Lucian Olympian, Stephanie Devaux-Lovell, took part in a regional gathering of athletes from across a number of different sports and disciplines over the weekend, which the young sailor hailed as a “great initiative,” during which a number of topics were covered.
Panam Sports hosted the 2nd Continental Athlete Forum of the Americas from 26-28 October in Miami. The Panam Sports Athlete Commission has been working hard together with the IOC’s Olympic Solidarity team to bring together an extensive three-day workshop for the athlete leaders of the region.
With a renewed focus towards supporting Americas’ athletes on and off the field of play, Panam Sports welcomed athlete leaders from all 41 countries of the Panam Sports family to its new home in Miami for an exciting week of collaboration and discussion.
91 athletes participated in the second edition of the Forum, an impressive 30 percent increase in the total participation at the first edition in 2016 also held in Miami.
The athlete leaders learned and shared best practices about how to improve and develop sport as an athlete, but also explored one of the United States’ top beach destinations. Panam Sports organized a series of activities to ensure the athletes were able to socialize as they learned from one another.
Over three days, Panam Sports hosted a series of panels and breakout sessions on topics including Commission Activities, Building a Strategic Plan, the Pan American Games, Athlete Resources, Clean Sport, Marketing and Career Development.
The Athlete Forum is the largest opportunity outside of the Pan American Games for Americas’ athletes to gather, listen, learn and educate one another through common goals and diverse challenges.
Devaux-Lovell will be hopeful of becoming the first Saint Lucian sailor ever to compete at consecutive editions of the Summer Olympics, as she is working towards qualification for the Tokyo 2020 iteration of the Games.
More Sports Stories
- ARC Youth Team make landfall in Saint Lucia December 12, 2019
- Sagicor sponsors Christmas Tennis Tournament 2019 December 12, 2019
- Celebrations in Saint Lucia conclude ARC+ 2019 December 12, 2019
- Julien Alfred wins big at FastTrack Collegiate Opener December 10, 2019
- 2021 Concacaf Gold Cup qualifying draw set for December 11 December 9, 2019
- The Pitons Cup Barrier Draw December 9, 2019
- Hallucine leads the ARC fleet into Saint Lucia December 6, 2019
- SPL sets date for 2020 tournament December 6, 2019
- ARC+ first arrival makes landfall in Saint Lucia December 4, 2019