Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE) — The Ministry of Tourism, Information and Broadcasting, Culture and Creative Industries today signalled the commencement of the 2019 cruise season by hosting a high-level meeting with key stakeholders within the cruise sector, including private and public sector agencies.
The primary focus of the meeting was to share the concerns of stakeholders on issues relating to the sector, as well as to generate mechanisms to address these issues.
The cruise sector is a major component of the tourism industry and relies heavily on key products and services to ensure that cruise passengers have a memorable, quality experience during their stay. Some of these services include hiking, water-based tours and adventure, shopping, and heritage experiences. In this vein, the ministry is constantly seeking to ensure that the necessary product upgrades are implemented to guarantee continued diversity in the services provided.
Stakeholder agencies and other representatives that were expected to be in attendance include, but were not limited to, the Ministry of Tourism, Soufriere Marine Management Association Inc. (SMMA Inc.), St. Lucia Air & Sea Ports Association (SLASPA), Marine Police Unit, Cox and Company, Foster and Ince St. Lucia Cruise Services Ltd, Craft Association, Castries City Council, St. Lucia Tourism Authority (SLTA) and Invest St. Lucia.
The Ministry of Tourism is optimistic that following this discussion, agencies will agree on key actions that will chart the course for the sector and encourage inclusivity and growth.
The meeting was held from 9:30 a.m. on Oct. 8 at the Conference Room of the Orchid Gardens in Union.
- Three nabbed in connection with Dennery armed robbery October 19, 2019 10:13 PM
- Slain Jamaican guard was planning to bring ‘partner’, relatives to Saint Lucia: sources October 19, 2019 8:16 PM
- Gros Islet man chopped in the neck in stable condition: official October 19, 2019 12:02 PM
- Man shot in Jetrine, Saltibus October 19, 2019 11:45 AM
- Saint Lucians seek Cricket West Indies Level 1 Coaches certification October 19, 2019 9:34 AM
- UPDATE: Jamaican security guard gunned down in Balata October 19, 2019 9:16 AM
- UPDATE: Man found stabbed to death in Vieux Fort identified October 19, 2019 8:43 AM
- BREAKING NEWS: Man found dead in Vieux Fort October 19, 2019 8:08 AM
- Saint Lucia’s Johnson Charles to play in United Arab Emirates T10 October 19, 2019 7:50 AM