Share This On:
(SNO) – Just weeks away from his 19th birthday, Saint Lucian goalkeeper Vino Barclett has joined Trinidad and Tobago Pro League outfit Morvant Caledonia United from Barbados Soccer Academy in Barbados.
Barclett is best known as having guided Saint Lucia to the first beach soccer gold medal in the history of the Commonwealth Youth Games in Nassau, the Bahamas, in 2017.
He was also adjudged the Most Outstanding Player at the 2017 Blackheart Knockout Football Tournament, where he played for repeat champions, Vieux Fort South. The Anse Ger Secondary alumnus has also played for Knights Fc in club competition.
Having played for Saint Lucia at Under-15 level back in 2013 in the Cayman Islands. In 2014 he played the Under-17 World Cup Qualifiers and then the Under-20 World Cup Qualifiers in 2016.
At senior level, Barclett represented Saint Lucia in the Windward Islands Tournament in 2017.
Barclett will join forces with Under-17 and Under-20 teammate Melvin Doxilly at Caledonia.
- Saint Lucian in Taiwan’s top TV singing contest November 19, 2019 8:06 AM
- Turmoil in Dominica as protesters and police clash (see video) November 19, 2019 7:55 AM
- Mayor Francis unhappy over disarmament of cop by bandits November 19, 2019 7:34 AM
- CSA happy over collective agreement with LUCELEC but … November 19, 2019 7:19 AM
- Saint Lucia Forensic Lab working to build public confidence, says director November 19, 2019 4:31 AM
- PM Chastanet promises super-rich Saint Lucia citizenship in three months November 18, 2019 11:55 AM
- Guy Joseph shoots down reports of complete St. Jude Hospital demolition November 18, 2019 10:26 AM
- Central Statistical Office launches Census 2020 recruitment drive November 18, 2019 12:16 AM
- Saint Lucia gov’t launches programme to boost local production of 7 key fruits, vegetables November 17, 2019 9:50 PM