Share This On:
Saint Lucian swimmer Antoine Destang rewrote a 13-year-old Ontario provincial record for men’s 50 metre butterfly over the weekend.
Presently studying in Canada, Destang swam 29.44 to take gold and lower the old Ontario age group record of 29.82 that had been in existence since 2006.
He also swam personal bests in 100 backstroke (good for second place) and 100 freestyle (good for a hard-fought first-place finish) at his first meet since moving to Toronto.
Next up: the NYAC cup and the Organisation of Eastern Caribbean States Swim Meet in St. Vincent and the Grenadines next month.
- Suspected case of coronavirus in BVI – Local health officials thrust into ’emergency meeting’ February 27, 2020 3:43 PM
- PAHO calls for stepped up preparedness for Coronavirus February 27, 2020 3:03 PM
- Dr. Kenny Anthony appeals for assistance for fire victims in Vieux-Fort February 27, 2020 2:19 PM
- WASCO responds to Richard Frederick’s statement on ‘Can I Help You’ program February 27, 2020 2:14 PM
- Castries Constituency Council workers return to work February 27, 2020 9:05 AM
- RSS to present crime scene investigations equipment to St. Lucia police February 27, 2020 8:57 AM
- BTC turns 60 February 26, 2020 12:04 PM
- Second District Court in Vieux Fort relocated February 26, 2020 9:32 AM
- Labour Department summons CCC and National Workers Union to urgent meeting February 25, 2020 2:54 PM