Share This On:
Saint Lucian swimmer Antoine Destang rewrote a 13-year-old Ontario provincial record for men’s 50 metre butterfly over the weekend.
Presently studying in Canada, Destang swam 29.44 to take gold and lower the old Ontario age group record of 29.82 that had been in existence since 2006.
He also swam personal bests in 100 backstroke (good for second place) and 100 freestyle (good for a hard-fought first-place finish) at his first meet since moving to Toronto.
Next up: the NYAC cup and the Organisation of Eastern Caribbean States Swim Meet in St. Vincent and the Grenadines next month.
- BTC receives new laptops November 21, 2019 10:19 AM
- US representative to OAS says political situation in Dominica ‘worrisome’ November 21, 2019 8:29 AM
- OBE Award recipients get high praise from PM Chastanet November 20, 2019 4:00 PM
- Anse La Raye fire victim gets donation in rebuilding efforts November 20, 2019 2:52 PM
- Bishop of Roseau describes situation in Dominica after unrest as “sad” November 20, 2019 2:46 PM
- Sandals team members receive first class health care on the job November 20, 2019 12:12 PM
- Showers, isolated thunderstorms expected during the next 24 hours November 20, 2019 11:14 AM
- Jamaican Rose Hudson-Wilkin becomes Church of England’s first black female bishop November 20, 2019 2:17 AM