Share This On:
PRESS RELEASE – The Consulate General of St. Lucia in Miami, in collaboration with the Children of Helen Alliance, Inc., the St. Lucian Friendly Society, Inc and the St. Lucia Association of So Florida, Inc. are hosting this year’s celebrations are spearheaded by
A list of activities is being organized for the months of February and March 2015.
Literary Competition in which children of St. Lucian heritage (in Florida and St. Lucia) between the ages of 5 and 15 years are required to write essays to express feelings of national pride (deadline for submissions is Sat. February 14th)
The gala will be held at the Signature Grand in Davie on Saturday, February 21st, 2015 from 8 pm to midnight. Church Service celebrated on the Sunday, February 22nd at 11 am to 12 noon at the St. Bartholomew Catholic Church, 8005 Mirarmar Pkwy, followed by a brunch.
There is also a Facebook National Pride Selfie Competition and a St. Lucian Film Night held in March.
The key focus of this year’s celebrations is the youth and their awareness of their heritage as well as their contributions to their homeland.
More information on the celebrations can be found at https://www.facebook.com/stluciahelen
More General Stories
- OBE Award recipients get high praise from PM Chastanet November 20, 2019
- Central Statistical office launches slogan competitions November 20, 2019
- Eleven receive OBE honors November 19, 2019
- Observance of International Men’s Day November 19, 2019
- Central Statistical Office launches Census 2020 recruitment drive November 18, 2019