Share This On:
PRESS RELEASE – The Consulate General of St. Lucia in Miami, in collaboration with the Children of Helen Alliance, Inc., the St. Lucian Friendly Society, Inc and the St. Lucia Association of So Florida, Inc. are hosting this year’s celebrations are spearheaded by
A list of activities is being organized for the months of February and March 2015.
Literary Competition in which children of St. Lucian heritage (in Florida and St. Lucia) between the ages of 5 and 15 years are required to write essays to express feelings of national pride (deadline for submissions is Sat. February 14th)
The gala will be held at the Signature Grand in Davie on Saturday, February 21st, 2015 from 8 pm to midnight. Church Service celebrated on the Sunday, February 22nd at 11 am to 12 noon at the St. Bartholomew Catholic Church, 8005 Mirarmar Pkwy, followed by a brunch.
There is also a Facebook National Pride Selfie Competition and a St. Lucian Film Night held in March.
The key focus of this year’s celebrations is the youth and their awareness of their heritage as well as their contributions to their homeland.
More information on the celebrations can be found at https://www.facebook.com/stluciahelen
More General Stories
- Management of waste during the holiday season December 12, 2019
- The Caribbean Digital Transformation Programme December 12, 2019
- ECADE stands with LGBTQ youth December 11, 2019
- December Festivals creating the magic of Christmas December 10, 2019
- Today we celebrate our volunteers December 5, 2019
- National Awards nomination deadline extended December 3, 2019