Share This On:
(GIS) — The Sir Arthur Lewis Community College (SALCC) and the University of the Virgin Islands are collaborating for the advancement of higher education for Saint Lucians.
A Memorandum of Understanding between the two learning institutions was signed on September 18 and will allow for joint faculty research and student exchange.
Vice President for Business Development and Innovation at UVI, Dr. Haldane Davies, said one of the more significant areas of cooperation is the seamless transition of students from SALCC to attend the UVI.
“UVI is fully accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education which is one of the six regional accrediting bodies across the United States of America that’s recognized by the US Department of Education. Our colleges and schools also have individual professional accreditation. Our School of Nursing is the ACN accreditation, our School of Business ACSB accreditation, our School of Education INCATE accreditation and our School of Medicine which is currently being developed,” Dr. Davies said.
Every student of the SALCC who enrolls at UVI to pursue a bachelor’s degree will receive an annual scholarship of approximately US$6,000 from UVI.
Chairman of the Board of Governors of the Sir Arthur Lewis Community College, John Calixte, welcomed the opportunity.
“As chairman of Board of Governors of the Sir Arthur Lewis Community College, I am confident that this relationship will redound to the benefit of all involved. UVI can be assured of quality graduates from this institution earning degrees in multiple disciplines that can only help grow our economy and our society. I am also grateful for the offer of a scholarship to students who will be attending the University. On behalf of the Board of Governors, we do thank you for making that opportunity available to our students. I also want to thank you for the opportunity to allow them to work at the university and to be paid for their services,” Calixte.
- BREAKING NEWS: Chopping in Gros Islet October 18, 2019 8:56 PM
- UPDATE: Guardsman security guard fatally shot in Balata identified; firearm stolen October 18, 2019 6:50 PM
- Saint Lucian basketballer goes pro October 18, 2019 6:28 PM
- BREAKING NEWS: Security guard shot in Castries October 18, 2019 5:37 PM
- Sea Jays emerge victorius at Capri-Sun Short Course Nationals October 18, 2019 1:50 PM
- Fully-funded British Chevening Scholarships available for Saint Lucians October 18, 2019 6:04 AM
- Beausejour community responds to recent criminal activities October 16, 2019 9:25 PM
- Pierre said Chastanet’s 40-month globetrotting hasn’t benefited Saint Lucians October 16, 2019 7:55 PM
- Former Saint Lucia agriculture minister bats for increasing local food production October 16, 2019 6:44 PM