Share This On:
(SNO) – Kimani Melius of Saint Lucia has been named the captain of the West Indies U19 team for the ICC 2020 Cricket World Cup in South Africa.
Cricket West Indies announced the 15-member squad on Monday.
Sixteen Teams from around the globe will participate in ICC U19 World Cup.
The West Indies team will aim to recapture the ICC U19 World Cup trophy that it won in 2016.
The ICC U19 Cricket World Cup which will take place from January 17 to February 9.
Head coach of West Indies U19 Head Coach Graeme West congratulated the team.
“I would like to congratulate the fifteen players selected to represent the West Indies in both the upcoming U19 Tri-Series and the ICC U19 Cricket World Cup,” he said. “Everything we have been working on over the last twelve months has been designed to prepare the team for the opening World Cup games against Australia and England on January 18 and 20.”
Melius is a right-hand batsman.
He has played for West Indies B, West Indies Under-19s, Windward Islands and Windward Islands Under-19s.
He was named in the West Indies squad for the 2018 Under-19 Cricket World Cup.
The full squad consists of Kevlon Anderson, Daniel Beckford, Mathew Forde, Joshua James, Naeem Young, Antonio Morris,Ashmead Nedd,Mbeki Joseph, Leonardo Julian, Avinash Mahabirsingh, Kirk McKenzi, Ramon Simmods, Mathew Patrick, Jayden Seales- Captain Kimani Melius.
- DLP sweeps general election in Dominica December 6, 2019 9:12 PM
- Hallucine leads the ARC fleet into Saint Lucia December 6, 2019 3:56 PM
- Hilaire continues to sell out Saint Lucia – UWP December 6, 2019 12:52 PM
- Dominicans vote amid fears of violence December 6, 2019 9:50 AM
- Three officers injured in Salisbury operation in Dominica says police chief December 5, 2019 6:59 PM
- Dominican chastises regional leaders including PM Chastanet December 5, 2019 3:41 PM
- Traffic Delays along Castries/Gros Islet Highway December 5, 2019 1:45 PM
- Government moves to protect the pensions of Millennium Heights Employees December 5, 2019 8:52 AM
- Catholic church in Dominica condemns ‘disrespectful’ behavior towards senior clergymen December 5, 2019 6:37 AM