Share This On:
(SNO) – Kimani Melius of Saint Lucia has been named the captain of the West Indies U19 team for the ICC 2020 Cricket World Cup in South Africa.
Cricket West Indies announced the 15-member squad on Monday.
Sixteen Teams from around the globe will participate in ICC U19 World Cup.
The West Indies team will aim to recapture the ICC U19 World Cup trophy that it won in 2016.
The ICC U19 Cricket World Cup which will take place from January 17 to February 9.
Head coach of West Indies U19 Head Coach Graeme West congratulated the team.
“I would like to congratulate the fifteen players selected to represent the West Indies in both the upcoming U19 Tri-Series and the ICC U19 Cricket World Cup,” he said. “Everything we have been working on over the last twelve months has been designed to prepare the team for the opening World Cup games against Australia and England on January 18 and 20.”
Melius is a right-hand batsman.
He has played for West Indies B, West Indies Under-19s, Windward Islands and Windward Islands Under-19s.
He was named in the West Indies squad for the 2018 Under-19 Cricket World Cup.
The full squad consists of Kevlon Anderson, Daniel Beckford, Mathew Forde, Joshua James, Naeem Young, Antonio Morris,Ashmead Nedd,Mbeki Joseph, Leonardo Julian, Avinash Mahabirsingh, Kirk McKenzi, Ramon Simmods, Mathew Patrick, Jayden Seales- Captain Kimani Melius.
- Department of Health and Wellness prepares for new strain of coronavirus January 22, 2020 11:38 AM
- St Lucia captures numerous accolades at 27th Annual World Travel Awards January 22, 2020 11:25 AM
- Young Saint Lucian chef featured at restaurant in Taiwan January 22, 2020 8:28 AM
- Saint Lucia benefits from support to National Utilities Regulatory Commission January 21, 2020 3:52 PM
- Internal fault triggers system shut down January 21, 2020 11:23 AM
- Keymanie shines as repeat junior golf champ January 21, 2020 11:14 AM
- Prime Minister meets with Caribbean Development Bank January 20, 2020 2:41 PM
- Saint Lucia ends 40th year of Independence with over 400k stay-over arrivals January 20, 2020 11:51 AM
- Micoud South drainage contracts signed to alleviate flooding January 20, 2020 9:14 AM