Share This On:
(SNO) — Manufacturers from Saint Lucia are to meet with stakeholders in Dominica today (Nov. 8) to see how they can collaborate and work together as the island continues to recover from the ravages of Hurricane Maria.
Presently, four wooden furniture manufacturers and one mattress manufacturer are in Dominica on a trip organised by the Saint Lucia Trade Export Promotion Agency (TEPA).
The manufacturers will meet with their counterparts and stakeholders today.
“We are here with five of our manufacturers and we are here to see how we could collaborate,” Client-Manager at Export Saint Lucia, Angela Alphonse explained.
She said the manufacturers will showcase their products, among other things.
“What we are here to do is to showcase some of our products, see where there are shortfalls in the wooden manufacturing in Dominica and where we see fit. We will see how best that we could collaborate and see how we can provide some of these items,” Alponse noted.
The event is being held at the OECS Office in Roseau, Dominica and Alphonse invited all Dominicans to come in and take advantage of the opportunity.
The visit to Dominica was organized by TEPA in collaboration with the Dominica Manufacturers Association (DMA).
“Through this visit, TEPA, along with the manufacturers/exporters will discuss areas for collaboration with furniture providers in Dominica and determine whether opportunities exist to supply products which are not available or not already produced in Dominica,” the organization said in the statement.
- Two in custody in connection with Mon Repos businessman’s death November 12, 2019 11:08 AM
- Saint Lucia calls up UK-based goalkeeper Lamar Johnson November 12, 2019 10:46 AM
- Tourism ministry spearheads plan to ease traffic congestion in downtown Castries November 12, 2019 10:04 AM
- BREAKING NEWS: Mon Repos businessman succumbs to gunshot wound November 11, 2019 7:35 PM
- Former Saint Lucia top cop Vernon Francois talks about the launch of his digital books November 9, 2019 11:18 PM
- 76-year-old businessman shot in Mon Repos November 9, 2019 9:07 PM
- Gunmen attack, rob bar manager in Jetrine, Saltibus November 9, 2019 6:29 PM
- Entrepot, Sir Ira and Bocage secondary schools to remain closed on Monday November 9, 2019 5:55 PM
- Women who fought with Ciceron Secondary students speak out! November 9, 2019 5:28 PM