Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE VIA SNO) – Saint Lucia has proved, yet again, why it is one of the premier destinations in the world with one of its top luxury properties copping another major award. The Saint Lucia Tourism Authority (SLTA) participated in the Virtuoso Travel Week program in Las Vegas, Nevada from August 11-17, 2018 for the first time since the destination became recognised as a Virtuoso preferred partner earlier this year.
Virtuoso is a network of the best luxury travel agencies, with more than 17,500 advisors worldwide representing the best of the best in travel, with a portfolio of nearly 1,700 preferred partners – top hotels, cruise lines, tour operators, and other tourism interests.
During the awards program, the BodyHoliday won the Best Wellness Program honor beating out all other luxury properties in the virtuoso program from around the world. And, as is to be expected, the resort was thrilled about its victory.
“BodyHoliday is grateful to be receiving this award voted by the Virtuoso travel agent community. Just being nominated has been an honour and we will continue to deliver on our promise – ‘Give us your body for a week and we’ll give you back your mind,’” said the Head of Marketing for the BodyHoliday, Armin Asceric.
This was the 30th anniversary of Virtuoso Travel Week, and the SLTA was among the more than 6,000 attendees at the luxury event. The participants comprised 2,888 Travel Advisors, 2,569 partners and 80 journalists. This year, there were 566 first time partners and 794 first time advisors at the event organised for the creme de la creme of Travel advisors. Virtuoso brings in US$23.7 billion in travel sales and has Travel advisors in 50 countries.
On Saint Lucia’s participation, the SLTA’s Marketing Director for the United States, Kelly Fontenelle stated, “Being a virtuoso partner puts Saint Lucia in front of thousands of luxury preferred advisors. Virtuoso’s advisors are now placing a great focus on niches selling more and recommending destinations for wellness, culinary and adventure travel for which Saint Lucia has an abundance of choices. The Virtuoso partnership puts Saint Lucia in the perfect place for luxury and niche travel.”
Saint Lucia welcomed nine agents as special guests on its hosted table during the destination showcase dinner. The event was a tremendous success giving the destination access to over 2,000 advisors in attendance through one-on-one appointments, and the social networking events. Over the four-day period, Fontenelle, and the SLTA’s Sales Manager, Trade for the US, Richard Moss, conducted more than 200 one-on-one appointments in addition to some off site-meetings creating increased opportunities for Saint Lucia’s inspiring tourism product.
Saint Lucia has five virtuoso resorts: Ladera Resort; Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort; Cap Maison; Jade Mountain Resort; and the BodyHoliday.
The SLTA congratulates the BodyHoliday on its recognition as the world’s Best Wellness Program and shares in the pride that the honour brings to the resort and to the destination.
- Two in custody in connection with Mon Repos businessman’s death November 12, 2019 11:08 AM
- Saint Lucia calls up UK-based goalkeeper Lamar Johnson November 12, 2019 10:46 AM
- Tourism ministry spearheads plan to ease traffic congestion in downtown Castries November 12, 2019 10:04 AM
- BREAKING NEWS: Mon Repos businessman succumbs to gunshot wound November 11, 2019 7:35 PM
- Former Saint Lucia top cop Vernon Francois talks about the launch of his digital books November 9, 2019 11:18 PM
- 76-year-old businessman shot in Mon Repos November 9, 2019 9:07 PM
- Gunmen attack, rob bar manager in Jetrine, Saltibus November 9, 2019 6:29 PM
- Entrepot, Sir Ira and Bocage secondary schools to remain closed on Monday November 9, 2019 5:55 PM
- Women who fought with Ciceron Secondary students speak out! November 9, 2019 5:28 PM