Share This On:
(SNO) – A Saint Lucian, who has been residing in Dominica for the past five years, is heading to the calypso final in that country.
The calypso final is one of the biggest event on Dominica’s carnival calendar.
It is the first time he is competing in the event.
Fitzroy ‘Bingo’ Leon will join eight others in an attempt to dethrone the nine-time calypso monarch, Dice on February 22.
The semi-final that landed him the spot was held last Saturday.
Leon is a newcomer to Dominica’s calypso scene but is a veteran calypsonian in his native Saint Lucia.
“I’ve been in music, in calypso, for donkey years, so I’m not a rookie… I’m not a newcomer by any stretch of the imagination,” Leon told Dominica News Online in an earlier interview.
He said after resident in his second home Dominica, for the past five years, he decided to return to the stage.
Leon once served as Chairman of the Ambassadors Calypso Tent in Saint Lucia.
He was also an executive member of the Saint Lucia Calypso Association.
- Water safety during periods of water shortage February 20, 2020 3:34 PM
- 13-year-old reported missing; elderly citizen found February 20, 2020 10:54 AM
- Residents in the north of the island to experience further delays in accessing the water supply February 20, 2020 9:25 AM
- Taiwan Technical Mission assists banana farmers to secure regional markets February 20, 2020 9:06 AM
- St Lucia captures numerous accolades at 6th Annual Travvy Awards February 19, 2020 8:45 AM
- Department of Health and Wellness coronavirus review meeting February 18, 2020 2:55 PM
- 1st phase of Market Redevelopment Project almost ready February 18, 2020 10:39 AM
- UWP Government deprives 8000 young St Lucians of laptops – SLP February 18, 2020 9:09 AM
- Ministers welcome Youth Parliamentarians at Monday’s Cabinet meeting February 18, 2020 8:48 AM