Share This On:
Saint Lucian flight attendant, Deann Pat Portia Plummer, was remanded to prison on Friday after making her first appearance at the District “B” Magistrates’ Court in Barbados.
The 33-year-old mother of one, who is facing cocaine and marijuana charges, was remanded to prison until May 5, 2016, the Barbados media has reported.
Plummer is accused of being found with five kilogrammes of cocaine and 1.3 grammes of cannabis in her possession. She was charged with: possession with intent to supply cocaine, trafficking in the same illegal drug and importation of cocaine.
Police have said that Plummer arrived in Barbados on Tuesday and the cocaine was allegedly found in her handbag during a search by Customs officers.
A search warrant was later issued and cannabis was reportedly found at her apartment.
Saint Lucia police had confirmed receiving information about the woman’s arrest in Barbados.
More Crime/Police Stories
- Police give no update on teen in viral burglary video December 10, 2019
- Police investigate hanging death of prisoner December 10, 2019
- Woman in viral beating video gets $1,000 bail December 3, 2019
- Woman in viral video beating for shoes charged November 30, 2019
- Bruceville man shot dead November 30, 2019
- Homicide in Odsan November 28, 2019
- Relatives of missing Vieux Fort man appeal for assistance November 27, 2019
- PM Chastanet takes aim at crime November 27, 2019
- Castries Mayor wants citizens to exercise their powers of arrest November 25, 2019