Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE) — The Saint Lucia Rugby Football Union’s international female referee, Ms. Chantel John, left Saint Lucia on April 16 to officiate in the third edition of the Tropical 7s or Tropical Rugby International Youth Sevens from April 19-20, 2019 at the Omni Orlando Championsgate Resort, Orlando, Florida.
This tournament was open to under-14 boys, under-16 girls and boys, under-18 boys and girls open and elite, and under-23 women’s open and elite and under-23 men’s. A total of 110 teams took part.
On Friday, April 19, Ms. John was assistant referee for six of the under-18 division games and refereed for one of the under-16 boys games.
On Saturday, April 20, Ms. John refereed for six of the under-16 girls games and assisted in one of the under-18 finals.
Ms. John had officiated in several international tournaments during 2018, including the Rugby Americas North 7s Tournament in September 2018 and the Barbados World Rugby 7s in December 2018.
She is expected to do the same in 2019.
Ms. John not only referees games locally, but is also an assistant coach for the national female team, her technical knowledge a great benefit for all involved.
As Ms. John’s continues to get international recognition in the rugby world, the Saint Lucia Rugby Football Union wishes her well and encourages her to continue to pursue her goals.
- Department of Health and Wellness coronavirus review meeting February 18, 2020 2:55 PM
- 1st phase of Market Redevelopment Project almost ready February 18, 2020 10:39 AM
- UWP Government deprives 8000 young St Lucians of laptops – SLP February 18, 2020 9:09 AM
- Ministers welcome Youth Parliamentarians at Monday’s Cabinet meeting February 18, 2020 8:48 AM
- 16-year-old among victims of Dominica plane crash February 17, 2020 6:31 PM
- Three Saint Lucians attend World Summit 2020 in Korea February 17, 2020 2:08 PM
- Items found in sea as Dominica plane crash rescue mission continues February 17, 2020 10:37 AM
- BREAKING NEWS UPDATE: Reports of plane crash in Dominica February 16, 2020 8:28 PM
- Conservationists frown on illegal dumping practices near nature site February 14, 2020 2:25 PM