Share This On:
(GIS) — A Saint Lucian contingent will be visiting the Republic of China (Taiwan) to participate in the Taichung Jazz Festival and the Taichung Instruments Festival.
Supported by the Office of Saint Lucia’s Ambassador to Taiwan, 14 persons—Ronald “Boo” Hinkson, five members of the band, and technical personnel—will be attending the celebrations.
The festival will also feature a parade consisting of Saint Lucian students studying in Taiwan, depicting Saint Lucia’s national costumes.
Chairman of the Cultural Development Foundation (CDF), Daniel Belizaire, said the initiative is in keeping with the vision of the CDF to bolster cooperation, networking and education through a partnership with the Taiwanese government in an effort to grow and develop the arts in Saint Lucia.
Counsellor Bill Huang, chargé d’Affaires of the Taiwanese Embassy, praised the minister with responsibility for Culture and Creative Industries, Senator Fortuna Belrose, for the success of the initiative.
Minister Belrose, in turn, congratulated the Saint Lucian team and expressed gratitude to the Taiwanese government for its continued support.
The first contingent will leave Saint Lucia on Oct. 2. The Taichung festivals will be held in Taipei, Taiwan from Oct. 2 to Oct. 15.
- BREAKING NEWS: Fire at Voyager building in Castries November 21, 2019 1:59 PM
- BTC receives new laptops November 21, 2019 10:19 AM
- US representative to OAS says political situation in Dominica ‘worrisome’ November 21, 2019 8:29 AM
- OBE Award recipients get high praise from PM Chastanet November 20, 2019 4:00 PM
- Anse La Raye fire victim gets donation in rebuilding efforts November 20, 2019 2:52 PM
- Bishop of Roseau describes situation in Dominica after unrest as “sad” November 20, 2019 2:46 PM
- Sandals team members receive first class health care on the job November 20, 2019 12:12 PM
- Showers, isolated thunderstorms expected during the next 24 hours November 20, 2019 11:14 AM