Share This On:
(OECS BUSINESS FOCUS) — H.E. Sir S.W. Tapley Seaton, Governor General of St. Kitts and Nevis, administered the Oath of Office and Oath of Allegiance on September 3 to Hon. Justice Eddy Ventose as a Judge of the Eastern Caribbean Supreme Court.
Justice Ventose is the youngest person in the history of the University of the West Indies (UWI) to be promoted to a personal professorship (at age 35), according to an article published in Barbados’s Nation News in July 2012. Sir Hilary Beckles, who was promoted to professor of history at age 37 in 1993, held the previous record.
Ventose featured prominently in regional news earlier this year after he was granted the right to vote in the May 2018 general elections in Barbados.
In an unprecedented hearing, the Caribbean Court of Justice (CCJ) ordered that the St. Lucian national, who has been living in Barbados for some time, be added to the register of voters in Barbados.
The Court declared that it was satisfied that the legal and regulatory conditions for his registration have been met.
- PM Chastanet promises super-rich Saint Lucia citizenship in three months November 18, 2019 11:55 AM
- Guy Joseph shoots down reports of complete St. Jude Hospital demolition November 18, 2019 10:26 AM
- Central Statistical Office launches Census 2020 recruitment drive November 18, 2019 12:16 AM
- Saint Lucia gov’t launches programme to boost local production of 7 key fruits, vegetables November 17, 2019 9:50 PM
- Fuel prices change November 17, 2019 7:00 PM
- Kindergarten registration takes on a new approach November 17, 2019 12:51 PM
- Two in custody in connection with Mon Repos businessman’s death November 12, 2019 11:08 AM
- Saint Lucia calls up UK-based goalkeeper Lamar Johnson November 12, 2019 10:46 AM
- Tourism ministry spearheads plan to ease traffic congestion in downtown Castries November 12, 2019 10:04 AM