Share This On:
A female flight attendant with LIAT, who was arrested on Tuesday by the Royal Barbados Police Force (RBPF), has been officially charged with trafficking drugs.
Dee Plummer, 33, a Saint Lucia-born air hostess, was allegedly found with drugs in her possession at the Grantley Adams International Airport, after arriving on a flight from Saint Lucia on that same day.
On arriving in Barbados, Plumber was referred to Customs and a search revealed five kilos of cocaine in her handbag. A search warrant was later executed at her apartment and 1.3 grams of cannabis was discovered.
She was charged with: possession with intent to supply, trafficking and importation of cocaine.
A senior police official had confirmed with St. Lucia News Online (SNO) on Wednesday that the female was in police custody in Barbados, and is likely to face charges for the drug-related offense.
LIAT had also issued a statement confirming the incident, and said its management will give its full support for, and cooperation with, law enforcement authorities in relation to any investigations.
More Crime/Police Stories
- Training workshop for VPU officers January 24, 2020
- Government aims to reduce serious crime by 45 percent January 16, 2020
- Police say death of football coach being treated as homicide January 14, 2020
- BREAKING NEWS: Popular sports personality shot and killed January 13, 2020
- Police arrest father in viral beating video January 9, 2020
- Bordelais inmate chopped up by another inmate: official January 7, 2020
- Burglar terrorizes Carellie, Castries family in broad daylight January 6, 2020