Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE) – The Saint Lucia Writers Forum will be hosting its third Rising Author Recognition at the Central Library, on November 26th 2019. The event will feature local Author/ Poet, Eyan Desir.
The Rising Author Recognition is an event where we celebrate and recognize works of our Rising Authors/Poets/ Artists, who excels or have been growing in their craft. We like to showcase the works of seasoned Artists, who can speak on what has inspired them and their works. It is also an opportunity for other emerging Authors/Artists/Poets to mingle with the wider Artistic community and be inspired to attain the heights that our Featured Artists have attained.
Eyan Desir started writing at a tender age. He has been a member of the Writers Forum from 2013 to present. He has written six books of poetry namely: Poems and Prose in 2008, Juice of Love in 2009, Art of Love in 2011, Touch of Class in 2013. Tears of Love in 2015 and a reason to Smile 2019.
He also writes children short stories, prose, creole poetry, performance poetry and also writes creole songs.
He has entered many competitions; which includes Love Poetry ,the OCM Bocas Competition and many more.
Eyan serves as an executive member of the St. Lucia Writers Forum, and does CS Community work.
We look forward to having the public join us as we recognize and be inspired by the work of Mr. Desir.
Again, the event is held on the 26th of November 2019, at the Castries Central Library, featuring Mr. Eyan Desir. See you there.
More General Stories
- DASH Independence Colour Run 2020 – Ready, set, go! January 17, 2020
- Book fair opens for Nobel Laureate Festival January 16, 2020
- Central Statistical Office commences mapping for 2020 census January 15, 2020
- PM Chastanet wishes Saint Lucians a prosperous new year January 2, 2020
- Castries Lions bring Christmas cheer to the less fortunate December 30, 2019
- SALCC gives back to the community December 24, 2019
- Fish cleaners in Laborie get high praise December 20, 2019