Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE) – St. Jude Hospital hosted a reception on 25 September 2018 to welcome the Changhua Christian Hospital Medical Volunteer Team from Taiwan. Ambassador Douglas C.T. Shen, Mr. Wayne Harrow, Chairman of Board, and Ms. Verna Charles, Chief Executive Officer of St. Jude Hospital, attended the welcome reception.
Ambassador Shen expressed his appreciation to the volunteers for travelling all the way from Taiwan to render medical service to local people. He stated that a steady flow of personnel exchange have become a tradition since Changhua Christian Hospital and St. Jude Hospital signed twinning agreement in 2009.
Ambassador Shen pointed out that over the years more than 120 medical experts from Taiwan have performed volunteer work at St. Jude Hospital, offering services to over 6,000 patients in southern Saint Lucia. Ambassador Shen also thanked St. Jude Hospital for hosting Taiwanese medical volunteers.
Mr. Harrow thanked Taiwan and Changhua Christian Hospital for the long-standing support, and for providing training programs to St. Jude Hospital staff every year, all of whom benefited greatly from the knowledge and experience they have learned in Taiwan.
The five-member medical volunteer team will stay in St. Jude Hospital until October 6, providing services in Neurology, Otorhinolaryngology, and Chinese medicine.
- Saint Lucia and Republic of Kosovo sign visa waiver agreement
- Saint Lucia considering phased reopening of Grade Six and Form Five classes
- Mother and children homeless after Ciceron fire
- UPDATE: Fire on abandoned building in Castries now under control (+photos and videos)
- BREAKING NEWS: Fire in Castries city (+photos and videos)
- Arthur, the first named storm of the hurricane season, could form this weekend
- UPDATE: Man shot dead at Dennery Fishing Complex identified
- LIAT extends suspension of passenger services
- Bay Gardens Resorts starts relief fund for its staff