Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE) – This year’s edition of Saint Lucia Jazz produced in collaboration with Jazz at Lincoln Center has received attention from a number of top regional and international publications.
Saint Lucia’s collaboration with the prestigious Jazz at Lincoln Center provided a number of new and exciting media coverage opportunities for this year’s Festival.
To ensure coverage of this exciting partnership, the Saint Lucia Tourism Authority hosted over 25 journalists during the weeklong Festival.
Representing top publications from the US, Canada, the UK, Martinique, Guadeloupe and Trinidad – the media had an opportunity to attend a number of shows, to interview performing artists and to explore Saint Lucia’s favorite attractions during the day.
This year’s press group represented some of the world’s best publications. Together they brought together a mix of print and broadcast journalists, social media influencers, bloggers and photojournalists from media outlets such as the New Yorker, Maxim Magazine, BBC, New York Post, Lonely Planet, WCLK 91.9 Jazz, Jazz FM, Journal de Montreal, Trinidad Guardian, L’Officielle Martinique, France Antilles, Via ATV and CNC3 TV, just to name a few.
To officially welcome the press to the jazz festival, the SLTA hosted a Media Mixer at Coco Palm Hotel on Friday May 10, 2019. Local, regional and international journalists had an opportunity to directly engage with a number of performing artistes including Russell Hall and The Baylor Project as well as members of the SLTA, Jazz at Lincoln Center and the Events Company of Saint Lucia.
The Saint Lucia Jazz Festival produced in collaboration with Jazz at Lincoln Center culminated with a sold out Gospel Jazz Brunch on Sunday May 12 at Shangri-La.
The Saint Lucia Summer Festival will continue in June & July with the much-anticipated Saint Lucia Carnival followed by Saint Lucia Roots & Soul from August 23-25, 2019.
For more information about Saint Lucia Summer Festival, visit www.stlucia.org
- Blue Diamond Resorts implement worldwide COVID-19 safety protocols
- SLHTA President’s Labour Day message
- US Virgin Islands to herald National Travel and Tourism Week
- Replace buffet dinners and minibars with secluded suppers, Caribbean hotels advised
- Caribbean tourism brands advised to put people first during COVID-19 pandemic
- Processing of registration/renewal of licenses – Tourism taxis
- Saint Lucia’s Tourism Minister extends personal greeting to the Caribbean region
- Saint Lucia Tourism Authority rolls out its “Saint Lucia Inspires” blog series
- Crisis offers big chance to upgrade tourism product, says tourism chief