Share This On:
(SNO) – Saint Lucia’s men finished off their preliminary competition in Pool C Beach Volleyball at the Central American and Caribbean Games with a victory over Haití, 21-13, 21-14.
Augustin Faulkner and Tevin St. Jean, a pair of 22-year-olds, had 27 successful attacks, benefited from 11 opponent errors, and recorded two aces and two blocks.
It was the first win in three matches for Team Saint Lucia.
Meanwile, Saint Lucia’s women – Kerin Neptune and Jamilla Lansiquot – were beaten 21-13, 21-12 by Curaçao’s Christine Anthony and Samira Luis, then 21-15, 21-14 by Panamá’s Dionelys Delgado and Yamileth Montenegro Del Cid, to end preliminary round Group C winless.
Saint Lucia will now play El Salvador in the men’s placement competition, whilst they face the Cayman Islands in the women’s tournament.
- SLP still wants to know: ‘Who is really paying for the horses?’ October 22, 2019 6:06 PM
- Donavan Phillip scores all goals in CCSS 7-1 win over Corinth October 22, 2019 9:49 AM
- Canada election: Justin Trudeau set to remain in power – but with minority government October 22, 2019 9:19 AM
- Saint Lucia’s Antoine Destang breaks 13-year-old swim record in Canada October 22, 2019 8:56 AM
- PM Chastanet, Pacific Islands explore development of SIDS resilience facility October 21, 2019 11:09 PM
- US hospital ship to offer free medical services in Jamaica October 21, 2019 10:55 PM
- Trinidad: Lawsuit filed against Facebook user who named man a “bandit” October 21, 2019 9:29 PM
- New tourist attraction ‘Glittering Sands’ opens in Anse-la-Raye October 21, 2019 9:20 PM
- Saint Lucia-born student wins regional essay writing competition October 21, 2019 8:10 PM