Share This On:
(SNO) – Saint Lucia’s men finished off their preliminary competition in Pool C Beach Volleyball at the Central American and Caribbean Games with a victory over Haití, 21-13, 21-14.
Augustin Faulkner and Tevin St. Jean, a pair of 22-year-olds, had 27 successful attacks, benefited from 11 opponent errors, and recorded two aces and two blocks.
It was the first win in three matches for Team Saint Lucia.
Meanwile, Saint Lucia’s women – Kerin Neptune and Jamilla Lansiquot – were beaten 21-13, 21-12 by Curaçao’s Christine Anthony and Samira Luis, then 21-15, 21-14 by Panamá’s Dionelys Delgado and Yamileth Montenegro Del Cid, to end preliminary round Group C winless.
Saint Lucia will now play El Salvador in the men’s placement competition, whilst they face the Cayman Islands in the women’s tournament.
- Ministry of Agriculture promotes green economy January 24, 2020 2:09 PM
- Queens Commonwealth Essay Competition announces winners January 24, 2020 9:52 AM
- Risk of coronavirus in Caribbean ‘low’ says CARPHA January 23, 2020 3:07 PM
- Meeting with US Secretary of State: Saint Lucia and US continue to strengthen ties January 23, 2020 9:00 AM
- Department of Health and Wellness prepares for new strain of coronavirus January 22, 2020 11:38 AM
- St Lucia captures numerous accolades at 27th Annual World Travel Awards January 22, 2020 11:25 AM
- Young Saint Lucian chef featured at restaurant in Taiwan January 22, 2020 8:28 AM
- Saint Lucia benefits from support to National Utilities Regulatory Commission January 21, 2020 3:52 PM
- Internal fault triggers system shut down January 21, 2020 11:23 AM