Share This On:
(SNO) – Saint Lucia’s men finished off their preliminary competition in Pool C Beach Volleyball at the Central American and Caribbean Games with a victory over Haití, 21-13, 21-14.
Augustin Faulkner and Tevin St. Jean, a pair of 22-year-olds, had 27 successful attacks, benefited from 11 opponent errors, and recorded two aces and two blocks.
It was the first win in three matches for Team Saint Lucia.
Meanwile, Saint Lucia’s women – Kerin Neptune and Jamilla Lansiquot – were beaten 21-13, 21-12 by Curaçao’s Christine Anthony and Samira Luis, then 21-15, 21-14 by Panamá’s Dionelys Delgado and Yamileth Montenegro Del Cid, to end preliminary round Group C winless.
Saint Lucia will now play El Salvador in the men’s placement competition, whilst they face the Cayman Islands in the women’s tournament.
- BREAKING NEWS: Saint Lucia gov’t denies buying horses or funding racetrack October 21, 2019 2:38 PM
- Three injured in Bexon accident October 21, 2019 2:10 PM
- Senior citizen stabbed multiple times in Bocage October 21, 2019 1:14 PM
- UPDATE: Two dead following Castries accident October 21, 2019 12:32 PM
- UPDATE: Fatal accident in Castries October 21, 2019 12:02 PM
- Entrepot Secondary students sent home early due to “inadequate supervision” October 21, 2019 12:00 PM
- Soca artiste launches ‘Born Lucian’ clothing brand October 21, 2019 11:01 AM
- Gas, diesel prices increased; cylinder prices decreased October 21, 2019 10:36 AM
- RC Infant school to now remain closed until Tuesday, Oct 22 October 21, 2019 10:21 AM