Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE) — Heavy rainfall over Saint Lucia during the past hour has raised the possibility of flooding and landslides in parts of the island prone to those hazards.
The Saint Lucia Meteorological Services has therefore issued a flood warning for Saint Lucia with effect from 11:30 am today to 5:00 pm.
Residents and motorists especially those in areas prone to flooding and landslides are urged to exercise extreme caution in their activities.
All residents of Saint Lucia are asked to pay attention to further announcements from the Saint Lucia Meteorological Services and NEMO.
- Internal fault triggers system shut down January 21, 2020 11:23 AM
- Keymanie shines as repeat junior golf champ January 21, 2020 11:14 AM
- Prime Minister meets with Caribbean Development Bank January 20, 2020 2:41 PM
- Saint Lucia ends 40th year of Independence with over 400k stay-over arrivals January 20, 2020 11:51 AM
- Micoud South drainage contracts signed to alleviate flooding January 20, 2020 9:14 AM
- Canelles Resort Project begins January 17, 2020 2:52 PM
- St Lucia Jazz and St Lucia Summer Festival 2020 off to an exciting start January 17, 2020 10:00 AM
- Alert of “Assured” brand products January 16, 2020 3:20 PM