Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE) – The Saint Lucia Tourist Board (SLTB) is successfully hosting its sixth annual Saint Lucia Showcase UK, 18th-22nd September 2017.
More than 150 UK travel trade partners will take part in the weeklong series of events and meetings culminating with the Saint Lucia Gala Awards this Thursday.
On Monday September 18, a Saint Lucia Tourist Board delegation accompanied by the Minister for Tourism, Hon Dominic Fedee, Saint Lucia High Commissioner to the UK, Mr Guy Mayers, and Saint Lucia Hotel & Tourism Association President, Mr Sanovnik Destang, held meetings with British Airways & British Airways Holidays and Virgin Holidays & Virgin Atlantic officials to discuss destination marketing, airlift, forecast and developments in the travel market. On Tuesday, the Travel Trade Gazette (TTG), one of the United Kingdom’s main travel trade titles, conducted an interview with Minister for Tourism, Hon Dominic Fedee.
Additionally, a media event was hosted at the High Commission for Saint Lucia with over 40 guests from various media houses in attendance.
The Minister and SLTB delegation took this time to engage media trade partners and expand the destination perspective beyond a wedding and honeymoon destination.
A highlight of the 2017 Saint Lucia Showcase UK will be the appreciation dinner at The Mayfair Hotel, Stratton Street, London this Thursday.
At the Gala, 18 senior level guests from key tour operator partners will be honored in 11 award categories. Held over two days on 21 and 22 September, Showcase UK will be hosted by Radio and Club DJ Trevor Nelson who is of Saint Lucian heritage and will be joined by two more sons of Saint Lucia; actor Joseph Marcell and footballer Les Ferdinand.
Saint Lucia’s Minister of Tourism, Dominic Fedee, will attend the Showcase event series to acknowledge the support of UK tour operators, airlines, travel agents, industry partners and media for helping to keep the island’s tourism industry buoyant and the economy moving.
The destination has seen a healthy rise in year-to-date stay-over arrivals of 8.9% globally. It is enjoying renewed interest from UK holidaymakers with an increase of 6% from July 2016 to July 2017. Saint Lucia was also recently chosen as the most popular Caribbean island in the world, by the Conde Nast Traveller Reader Awards 2017.
The full list of categories for the 2017 Saint Lucia Showcase Award are:
1. Product Manager of the Year 2016
2. Tour Operator with the Best Use of Social Media for Saint Lucia 2016
3. Tour Operator with the Best Growth to Saint Lucia in 2016
4. Online Travel Agent (OTA) with the Best Growth to Saint Lucia in 2016
5. Luxury Tour Operator with the Best Growth to Saint Lucia in 2016
6. Tour Operator with the Best Growth in Weddings & Honeymoons to Saint Lucia in 2016
7. Tour Operator with the Best Growth for Small Hotels in Saint Lucia in 2016
8. Tour Operator with the Best Digital Representation of Saint Luciain 2016
9. Best Producing Specialist Tour Operator in 2016
10. Best Hotel Partnerships in 201611. Special Recognition for Contribution to the Destination