Share This On:
The latest performance report for Saint Lucia is in and the record-breaking streak in visitor arrivals to the acclaimed destination continues.
According to the Saint Lucia Tourism Authority (SLTA), the island can now boast that seven out of the eight months thus far have recorded unprecedented growth in visitor arrivals.
An impressive total of 36,342 stay-over arrivals was recorded in August 2019, marking the largest number of arrivals ever recorded for that particular month.
Double-digit Increases were recorded in three main markets – US (13%), UK (12%) and Canada (17%), resulting in an overall increase of 6.4% from the figures recorded in August 2018.
“This sustained growth trajectory is a clear indication that our carefully crafted and well-targeted programs, policies, and signature entertainment events are resonating and are gaining traction with consumers in the region and international marketplace,” noted Tourism Minister Dominic Fedee.
Fedee added: “As we commence the 2019 winter season and more and more of those initiatives continue to bear fruit, we have no doubt the robust growth will continue.”
Year to date, two key markets are trending upwards, led by the UK market with an 11% growth in arrivals and the US with 9%.
Canada and France are the only two markets to be trending downwards however, with both markets dropping less than 5% below the figure recorded for the eight-month period last year.
For more information about Saint Lucia, visit www.stlucia.org or call 1-800-456-3984, or 1-888 4STLUCIA
- PAHO calls for stepped up preparedness for Coronavirus February 27, 2020 3:03 PM
- Dr. Kenny Anthony appeals for assistance for fire victims in Vieux-Fort February 27, 2020 2:19 PM
- WASCO responds to Richard Frederick’s statement on ‘Can I Help You’ program February 27, 2020 2:14 PM
- Castries Constituency Council workers return to work February 27, 2020 9:05 AM
- RSS to present crime scene investigations equipment to St. Lucia police February 27, 2020 8:57 AM
- BTC turns 60 February 26, 2020 12:04 PM
- Second District Court in Vieux Fort relocated February 26, 2020 9:32 AM
- Labour Department summons CCC and National Workers Union to urgent meeting February 25, 2020 2:54 PM
- St Lucia extends travel restrictions on travellers February 25, 2020 1:17 PM